A615-51-881T: Where can I get Windows 10 PCI Memory Controller drivers

PixelPete
PixelPete Member Posts: 2 New User

Windows 10 Device Manager says that the PCI Memory Controller and SM Bus Controller drivers are missing. I have installed all available driver updates from Acer, but the flags still remain.
Where can I get these drivers?
Many thanks,
Pete

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    These drivers are installed when you update the Chipset driver, you can find them under System Devices and you don't normally need to update drivers manually for these, go to Device manager, expand System Devices and post the pictures.

• PixelPete
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    These drivers are installed when you update the Chipset driver, you can find them under System Devices and you don't normally need to update drivers manually for these, go to Device manager, expand System Devices and post the pictures.

Hi,
    Thanks. That seems to have done the trick. I have no more unknown devices.
    I had already downloaded and installed the chipset drivers from Acer, but maybe the drives didn't install. I found the driver folder in the expanded folders and ran SetupChipset.exe. On restart, the missing drivers node from device manager had gone. I couldn't see them where you said, but maybe its different for the A615. This is the list under System Devices.

As there are no more problems reported, I assume that all is OK.
    Thanks for your help.

Pete

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

• PixelPete
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Hi,
    Thanks. That seems to have done the trick. I have no more unknown devices.
    I had already downloaded and installed the chipset drivers from Acer, but maybe the drives didn't install. I found the driver folder in the expanded folders and ran SetupChipset.exe. On restart, the missing drivers node from device manager had gone. I couldn't see them where you said, but maybe its different for the A615. This is the list under System Devices.

As there are no more problems reported, I assume that all is OK.
    Thanks for your help.

Pete