I was working on my Acer Aspire 3 and accidentally pressed the power button

Options
Sebastianp88
Sebastianp88 Member Posts: 5 New User
When trying to use the num lock button I accidentally pressed the power button, when I rebooted the laptop it took long to boot up and it showed me "No Bootable Device" I followed the steps of the solution to this error and the error persists what do I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Press and hold the power button till the laptop shuts off. Unplug the charger. Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again. It may take a while to repair some files since you actually tried to shut the machine down and reboot in sleep mode when you accidentally hit the power button. Next time that happens, just press any key and the laptop should wake up OK. No need to reboot

Jack E/NJ

• Sebastianp88
    Options
    JackE said:
    Press and hold the power button till the laptop shuts off. Unplug the charger. Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again. It may take a while to repair some files since you actually tried to shut the machine down and reboot in sleep mode when you accidentally hit the power button. Next time that happens, just press any key and the laptop should wake up OK. No need to reboot
    So I did exactly that, powered it back on, and after the Acer logo goes away the "No Bootable Device" appears once more what now?
  • JackE
    Options
    (1) Turn it off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. If possible, please post a phone photo of the BIOS Information tab.
    (2) Then make sure the F12 and D2D options are turned on in the BIOS Main tab. Then press F10 to save settings and exit.
    (3) The no bootable device screen will likely appear again. Then press and hold power button till it turns off4)  again.
    (4) Turn the machine back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to allow you to reset the machine while trying to save your data.

Jack E/NJ

• Sebastianp88
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The ALT F10 didn't bring up the recovery screen. What could I do now?

Edited to hide Sensitive information
  • JackE
    Options
    Are the F12 and D2D options enabled in the BIOS Main tab?

Jack E/NJ

• Sebastianp88
    Options
    JackE said:
    Are the F12 and D2D options enabled in the BIOS Main tab?
    Yes indeed
  • JackE
    Options
    Try it this way. Turn the machine off again. Then press & hold both the ALT & F10 keys. Then while still holding the two keys, press the power button. Does the recovery screen appear now? If still no recovery screen, did you ever fresh re-install Windows before?

Jack E/NJ

• Sebastianp88
    Options
    No recovery screen and no I've never done that before 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Sebastianp88

How about hold down both Fn+ALT keys and keep tapping F10 key at bootup to get the Recovery Menu?
  • Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Is the "HDD0" the boot drive and the "HDD1" the expansion? If so, I would be surprised if the "HDD0" is not an SSD. How typical for an SSD to corrupt on power loss but not the HDD. HDDs have had power loss protection for over 20 years, by using the spindle momentum to swing the actuator arm off the precious platter when the power is cut. Unlike HDDs, SSDs erase and rewrite entire blocks, and if the power is interrupted during write operations, then those blocks, or even the entire SSD, often become corrupted. The maximum possible corruption on power loss with HDDs is 4 kilobytes, which is 122,070,312 times smaller than 500 gigabytes that an SSD of that size can lose on power loss. Please don't buy another SSD to replace it, instead, move the operating system onto the quality HDD that survived.
  • JackE
    Options
    Please let us know if you tried ttttt  's suggestion

Jack E/NJ