Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @TartarugaGamer
    Can you tell me what happen after following this guide?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • PiBvY
    PiBvY Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Greetings GAMING6698!

I've come across this guide and was actually kind of scared to do the changes because I'm not entirely very well knowledgeable about modifying settings and such. Nevertheless, I mustered up the courage to do so. I've done quite a bit of everything on your said guide. 

The results, however, were quite surprising. My fps on Valorant (low settings and stretched)was not the same as before. No longer can I reach my top fps which is around 140. Same results within CSGO (low settings and stretched too), top fps is around 90+ whereas before I could reach 120-130 fps.

I'm using the Nitro 5, which is new and I'm loving it so far. Not sure which model though, this runs a AMD Ryzen 5 4000 series (with integrated radeon graphics) paired along the 1650.

I'm new to the community and maybe you can help me with this issue? Hoping for your response.

Thank you very much!

P.S. I apologize if it seems like I'm spamming? I can't seem to view my comments in the comments section therefore the repeated posts.
  • GAMING6698
    @PiBvY
    Wait, Are you getting low fps than before after following this guide?

• PiBvY

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    @PiBvY
    Wait, Are you getting low fps than before after following this guide?
    Yes that is correct.

EDIT: I can perhaps send gdrive link for a video recording if that can help?
  • GAMING6698
    edited July 2021
    @PiBvY
    Now you can perform system restore to get back to your previous system when you didn't follow this guide. 
    Btw,i can't believe you are getting low fps than before which steps you follow?

• PiBvY

Tinkerer

@PiBvY
    Now you can perform system restore to get back to your previous system when you didn't follow this guide. 
    Btw,i can't believe you are getting low fps than before which steps you follow?
    Yes, I still haven't done that though. The thing is my friend, it seems like the numbers are lying. I've tried to continually play dm on Valo but despite the numbers it seems fine? I really can't tell if it's alright or not though, that's what stopping me from doing the system restore. I've tried game modes wherein the use of skills is allowed to test if it stutters or not, but it seems fine.

To answer your question, um, I believe I've done quite everything mentioned in the guide. Aside from the Discord thingy.
  • GAMING6698
    @PiBvY
    Did you follow registry tweaks?
    Btw, check and confirm before and after fps 

• PiBvY

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    @PiBvY
    Did you follow registry tweaks?
    Btw, check and confirm before and after fps 
    I most certainly did follow the registry tweaks. That involves downloading the file right?

As for the fps on Valorant (currently) it's around 80-100. Before it was around 100-140.

I just got off a ranked game on Valorant, and it seems totally fine, but the numbers are definitely around 80-100. Loading screen is 230+ fps. I'm confused right now actually.

EDIT: Could the numbers be actually false?
  • GAMING6698
    @PiBvY
    I didn't think numbers are false.
    First please confirm if your dedicated nvidia is playing game or integrated 

• PiBvY

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    @PiBvY
    I didn't think numbers are false.
    First please confirm if your dedicated nvidia is playing game or integrated 
    Here is a photo of task manager with my CSGO running in the background. Should I send an sc of my nvidia settings?

EDIT: Currently in a ranked game in CSGO. FPS is now 140-150. Highest I've seen it reach was 180.

• GAMING6698
    edited July 2021
    @PiBvY
    Games are more smooth or giving stable fps than before?
    And if you turned on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling' then try to turn off and check gameplay 
    (Step no.19)

• PiBvY

Tinkerer

@PiBvY
    And if you turned on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling' then try to turn off and check gameplay 
    (Step no.19)
    Perhaps it might be giving stable fps. CSGO feels the same, if not smoother. I can't tell if I'm experiencing any differences on Valo though, but it seems fine.

Will do your suggestion, good sir. Thank you for your responses so far! I can't help but feel a bother to you. I will post a comment once I've made the changes and have seen results.
  • PiBvY

Tinkerer

@PiBvY
    (Step no.19)
    Just finished testing out your suggestion. The performance was definitely bad. Hopped into a dm game on Valo and fps was 50-70, reaching a peak of 80, then I immediately turned back on Step 19. I think I will keep my current settings. I'm still very much pleased with the results. 

I have to say also, I've noticed instant improvements when it comes to game connection and stuff, with my pings becoming stable.

Thanks for the help so far! Hope to see some other guides from you in the future. Cheers.
  • GAMING6698
    edited July 2021
    @PiBvY
    Okay, i just remembered that i added one tweak which balance fps and latency to improve your gaming experience by giving stable Frametime and fps. 
    I remove this tweak from upcoming registry script because in some system this tweak not working properly but looks like this tweak work perfectly in your system.

I will massage you when update available.
    If you want you can also perform system restore 

• PiBvY

Tinkerer

Greetings GAMING6698!

I've come across this guide and was actually kind of scared to do the changes because I'm not entirely very well knowledgeable about modifying settings and such. Nevertheless, I mustered up the courage to do so. I've done quite a bit of everything on your said guide. 

The results, however, were quite surprising. My fps on Valorant (low settings and stretched) was not the same as before. No longer can I reach my top fps which is around 140. Same results within CSGO (low settings and stretched too), top fps is around 90+ whereas before I could reach 120-130 fps.

I'm using the Nitro 5, which is new and I'm loving it so far. Not sure which model though, this runs a AMD Ryzen 5 4000 series (with integrated radeon graphics) paired along with the 1650 GPU.

I'm new to the community and maybe you can help me with this issue? Hoping for your response.

Thank you very much!
  • PiBvY

Tinkerer

GAMING6698!

The results, however, were quite surprising. My fps on Valorant (low settings and stretched)was not the same as before. No longer can I reach my top fps which is around 140. Same results within CSGO (low settings and stretched too), top fps is around 90+ whereas before I could reach 120-130 fps.

I'm using the Nitro 5, which is new and I'm loving it so far. Not sure which model though, this runs a AMD Ryzen 5 4000 series (with integrated radeon graphics) paired along the 1650.

Thank you very much!
  • PiBvY

Tinkerer

@PiBvY
    Okay, i just remembered that i added one tweak which balance fps and latency to improve your gaming experience by giving stable Frametime and fps. 
    I remove this tweak from upcoming registry script because in some system this tweak not working properly but looks like this tweak work perfectly in your system.

I will massage you when update available.
    If you want you can also perform system restore 
    Thanks so much man! Have a great day!
  • PiBvY

Tinkerer

GAMING6698!

I was wondering if you can view the task that was mentioned and created on Step 21? I can't seem to find it on Task Scheduler
  • GAMING6698
    @PiBvY
    Step no. 21 replaced by new one.
    To remove previous one open task scheduler»Task scheduler Library then right click on task which you created and select delete 

• Nero21
    Nero21 Member Posts: 191 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    I got about 50FPS boost in overwatch and all games feels so smooth.
    Thanks for the support