Predator Helios 300 model N20C3 battery not charging and is missing a hard drive

JerryWY
JerryWY Member Posts: 2 New User
My battery was not charging so I tried to open up the laptop looking for a battery reset pin (still couldn't find one) and then I noticed that there's a big empty spot where the hard drive is supposed to be. See image attached (grey rectangular area next to the battery).

What should I do in this situation? Is there a way to order a hard drive? Also since my battery is also not charging, is there a way to reset it? Right now the battery is completely drained and holding the power button down doesn't do anything if the laptop isn't plugged in.

Answers

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Hello,

You don't have a hole in back cover next to which is battery icon?

The HDD bay is empty and you can put in any 2.5" drive you want. I would recommend some SSD 2.5". You should have gotten a connector, with the laptop, so you can connect hard drive with motherboard, I don't see it in the picture.
  • JerryWY
    JerryWY Member Posts: 2 New User
    My laptop did not have a battery reset pin hole in the back cover, apparently my model did not come with it. Also, thanks for clarifying the HDD bay.
  • Tabitha
    Tabitha Member Posts: 4 New User
    My laptop I just bought one month ago, battery will not work when not plugged in. Works fine when plugged but as soon as I unplug it it dies. Please advise if I can reset battery and how to do it as there is no pin hole reset button or if I should just send it back. It’s a Helios Preditor 300
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi JerryWY,

Did you try to charge it with different charger.
  • Tabitha
    Tabitha Member Posts: 4 New User
    sorry guys posted my question in wrong area. New to this site. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    JerryWY said:
    My battery was not charging so I tried to open up the laptop looking for a battery reset pin (still couldn't find one) and then I noticed that there's a big empty spot where the hard drive is supposed to be. See image attached (grey rectangular area next to the battery).

What should I do in this situation? Is there a way to order a hard drive? Also since my battery is also not charging, is there a way to reset it? Right now the battery is completely drained and holding the power button down doesn't do anything if the laptop isn't plugged in.

First, the way that ou reset the battery is for you todo this; Battery reset - Battery reset pinhole was cancelled, instead press the
    Power button for 9 seconds to reset the battery.