How do I stop applications from ever running on the GPU? (Predator PH317-54)

PeteVM
PeteVM Member Posts: 3 New User
On my Predator PH317-54, applications automatically run on the GPU, which causes the fan to speed up. How do I stop this behavior?
The fan noise is driving me crazy. Is this normally a noisy laptop??

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @PeteVM

There are a lot of ways to do that, I'm not sure what applications it runs, but here is one and here is another. Hope these helps.  
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Fan noise has always been a problem. It used to be, and still is for some, case fans for some devices. Fitting them into laptops and making them quiet has been tough. The only thing you can do is drown the noise out with something else you can tolerate like music, a room fan, or game sounds. And as far as redirecting the task of the GPU, that is in the programing. Telling the cpu do do  the calculations instead would only slow down what ever you were doing, and would speed up the cpu fan noise.  Not many of us could figure that out. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi PeteVM,

Try to custom the fan speed in predator sense app and check the noise.
  • PeteVM
    PeteVM Member Posts: 3 New User
    Mozilla Firefox is running on GPU1. I do not want Firefox to ever run on a GPU. Any way to stop this behavior?

• Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    You're not specifying whether you still want these programs  to run but not use the CPU or if you don't want them to ever run at all. The former would take reprogramming to run differently, the latter would just involve keeping the program from running at all in startup or deleting it.