charge discharge PH317-51

Slobad
Slobad Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
hello i have the helios 300 PH317-51-70A1 and my battery keeps charging discharging ive tried two different outlets as well as two different plug ins it just started this afternoon was fine this morning any help would be great

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Slobad,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Slobad
    hey Easwar i check the update says it has the latest version already and thanks for getting back to me
  • Easwar
    Hi Slobad,

How long battery is running like 2 hrs or 3hrs.
  • Slobad
    my laptop rarely leaves the house and its always on it does normally drop down some even when plugged in but recharges fast. but here the last few days it act like it was unplugged screen would dim the backlight wouldnt work then it would kick back on and back off im wondering if it could be a short in the plug in to the computer now
  • Easwar
    Hi Slobad,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​