SunplusIT PC Camera driver causing problem Aspire MS 2346

Tulsi
Tulsi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have Aspire MS 2346. Recently, somehow the camera driver changed from HD webcam to SunplusIT PC Camera. Since then, the camera has stopped working. Sometimes when I reboot my pc, the driver in the device manager shows 1.3M HD Webcam and it works fine, but in no time, it changes back to SunplusIT PC Camera itself and the nightmare begins. Please give me the solution. I have my classes to run and don't want an extra camera hanging over my screen.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Does DeviceManager have any red or yellow warnings?

Jack E/NJ

• Tulsi

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Does DeviceManager have any red or yellow warnings?
    No, it doesn't have any red or yellow warning. 
  • Tulsi

Tinkerer

Now, it shows the driver like that in the image. The camera is working fine now. But after a while, it automatically changes into SunplusIT PC Camera and the camera stops working. It doesn't have any red or yellow warning. I have tried to disable/enable, uninstall/reinstall the camera driver but to no avail.
  • Tulsi

Tinkerer

Tulsi said:
    Now, it shows the driver like that in the image. The camera is working fine now. But after a while, it automatically changes into SunplusIT PC Camera and the camera stops working. It doesn't have any red or yellow warning. I have tried to disable/enable, uninstall/reinstall the camera driver but to no avail.
    Now, it is this! The monster! The camera has stopped working.
  • JackE
    Do you have an external camera plugged into one of the USB ports?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Tulsi,

Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
  • Tulsi

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi Tulsi,

Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    Hello Easwar,
    thank you for the response. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, disable and re-enabled the driver a hundred times. That is not helping me out.
    I have uninstalled and let the system re-install it. But nothing helped.
  • Tulsi

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Do you have an external camera plugged into one of the USB ports?

I plugged it in when the internal camera stopped working. I need a camera since I have classes to run.
  • JackE
    What brand/model is the external camera?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Tulsi,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Tulsi

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    JackE said:
    What brand/model is the external camera?
    It is a cheap VGA Webcam. Its brand is unknown.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. Make sure System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up.

The next time the camera starts working again with the 1.3M HD WebCam driver, immediately open the Control Panel System Protection box again. Then click the System Protection button. Click next. Check for the most recent automatic restore point and note what update created the restore point.

When the camera stops working again with the SunplusIT PC Camera driver, immediately check again for another more recent restore point and note what update created it. Then we can try to block the update.

Jack E/NJ

• Tulsi

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. Make sure System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up.

The next time the camera starts working again with the 1.3M HD WebCam driver, immediately open the Control Panel System Protection box again. Then click the System Protection button. Click next. Check for the most recent automatic restore point and note what update created the restore point.

When the camera stops working again with the SunplusIT PC Camera driver, immediately check again for another more recent restore point and note what update created it. Then we can try to block the update.

Thank you. I will try this fix. Hopefully, it will help me.
  • Tulsi

Tinkerer

Tulsi said:
    JackE said:

Thank you. I will try this fix. Hopefully, it will help me.
    Is this what we need to find out??
  • JackE
    Yes. Please note date or timef possible.

Jack E/NJ