acer aspire a515-56 crashing randomly

Finnlet
Finnlet Member Posts: 1 New User
hello all,

i received this computer two weeks ago but it has crashed almost every day since i got it. it does not give me any information in the reliability check aside from "Windows was not properly shut down."
i have updated the video driver and because it is so new none of the other drivers are saying they need updates. i have no issues with it running smoothly and the crashes occur whether or not it is plugged in. i do not do anything particularly straining on it aside from playing some games (minecraft and terraria) doesn't matter if it's on a hard surface or if i move it or what is running, there is no particular theme i've encountered before it restarts.

i have no idea what the problem could be because it doesn't give me any information. aside from the crashing it works very quickly, runs everything smoothly, and i have had no other problems. it always restarts almost immediately after crashing and i have had no major issues beyond that.

if you have any solutions or advice please let me know, i would rather not have to get a whole new computer Again. it is also inconvenient for me to take it in atm because i am in the middle of finals week and need it for a lot of projects and homework.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Try to factory reset windows first. It should solve the crashing issue. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!