Need Suggestion

davidjang
davidjang Member Posts: 6 New User
I need your suggestion guys I want to increase the speed of My laptop should I have to upgrade the RAM of Laptop which is already 8 GB and I have enough budget that I can easily upgrade upto 32 GB, or Should I go for 120 SSD with a Combo of 16 GB RAM, 

What should I do?
i) only RAM
ii) 120 GB SSD + 8 GB RAM (Increment/Addition)

Answers

• davidjang
    edited April 2021
    davidjang said:
    I need your suggestion guys I want to increase the speed of My laptop should I have to upgrade the RAM of Laptop which is already 8 GB and I have enough budget that I can easily upgrade upto 32 GB, or Should I go for 120 SSD with a Combo of 16 GB RAM, 

What should I do?
    i) only RAM
    ii) 120 GB SSD + 8 GB RAM (Increment/Addition)
    Only RAM means that Increment only in RAM upto 8 or 16 GB...
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi davidjang,

If you share the model name means it will be helpful to us in finding the right one. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Yeah, it's a lot easier to make suggestions when we know what you have already. Typically the sequence is SSD first, then memory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • davidjang
    Only RAM Means that just increment in RAM upto 8 GB or 16 GB.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I know what you meant with both suggestions, but without knowing what computer you have and what's installed right now we can't make good suggestions, other than "SSD first, RAM second".
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.