Veriton X4630G wont post with all 4 dimm slots occupied with the same dimms.

dexter1959
dexter1959 Member Posts: 5 New User
the spec sheet found here using the snid# indicates the max capacity is 32GB.  I have four identical dimms and any two will work in the black dimm slots, but if there is anything in either/both the blue dimm slots I get a continuous beep at power-on.  there isn't anything in the bios about enabling the slots.  I got it used with linux mint installed and I'll be dumping win7x64 on it to solve another issue with the display port/display resolution not having any adjustments. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Install all modules, go to BIOS screen, while you are in Main tab press F9 button followed by F10 to save & exit.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    What specific modules are you putting in? Are they all DDR3 or are some DDR3L?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dexter1959
    all new modules are identical ddr3.  anything including the original 4gb dimm in any blue slot gets a steady beep+no post. adding the additional dimms at post caused a restart with the post data showing the correct amount of ram.  32GB shows up on successive reboots.  thanks for the replies.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @dexter1959
    Either at least one stick or one slot is bad. Try test each stick or each slot one by one. Most likely the blue slot problem.
  • dexter1959
    all 4 slots and sticks are ok, if i recall I added two after booting to the bios and it recognized the added ram.
    ty for replying.