Acer Aspire touchscreen quit working - E5-573 N15Q1

GregC
GregC Member Posts: 1 New User
I think the touchscreen E5-573 N15Q1 may have quit working upon installation of Windows 10 but can't be sure of that.  Have tried disabling the device, re-booting, and then re-enabling the device with no luck.  Windows says the touchscreen is working fine.  But it is not working at all.  Can someone please help.  Could not find a new driver on the ACER website except a bluetooth and a VGA driver.

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which model of Aspire do you have? In Device Manager is there anything flagged, even seemingly unrelated?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vikz
    vikz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! I have the same issue. My Acer E5-573 N15Q1 touchscreen feature no longer work. Is there a driver I need to download? I checked in Device Manager, HID does not show a touchscreen interface either. I don't see any solution for this issue online or the Acer website. Can anyone help direct us to a helpful link? Thanks! 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    vikz

Go to device manager and try to reinstall the driver. check on show hidden devices. Try to enable it or uninstall the driver and restart the computer. 

SOLVED HID Compliant Touch Screen Missing - Driver EasyHow to fix Laptop Touch screen not working on windows 10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    GregC said:
    I think the touchscreen may have quit working upon installation of Windows 10 but can't be sure of that.  Have tried disabling the device, re-booting, and then re-enabling the device with no luck.  Windows says the touchscreen is working fine.  But it is not working at all.  Can someone please help.  Could not find a new driver on the ACER website except a bluetooth and a VGA driver.
    Whenever you reinstall or install Win-10 not all drivers are automatically installed by Win-10. Go to "device manager" and do what christy1 is suggesting and also look at this guide "How to Fix Touch Screen Not Working Problem in Windows 10" which explains all the steps that christy1 has shown above in more details.