SK-9662 Wireless Keyboard - Missing USB Receiver Dongle - Any Ideas?

2021UK
2021UK Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hi everyone,

I was given a SK-9662 wireless keyboard, which doesn't have a USB receiver/dongle. Does anyone have any suggestions for obtaining a working replacement receiver/dongle?

It's a nice little keyboard, and it would be a shame to chuck it away, just because of a missing receiver/dongle.

Sorry if this post is not in the correct category - I couldn't find a category for peripherals. Moderators: feel free to move the post to a better location if you want.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @2021UK
    Remove the battery from the wireless mouse and than check you might find the USB dongle to connect
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi 2021UK,

At bottom of the mouse you can find it. Please check by removing the batteries also. 
    SOLVED I lost the USB for my wireless keyboard Can this be replaced -  Keyboard - iFixit
  • 2021UK
    Thank for the advice guys, but unfortunately there was no mouse accompanying the keyboard, nor is there a dongle in the keyboard battery compartment.

Does anyone know of any replacement dongle which can be purchased? Like I say, it would be a shame to dispose of a nice little keyboard.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi 2021UK,

Did you purchase it from acer store,acer online (website) means you can contact them. And may I know when did you purchase it. 
  • 2021UK
    Easwar said:
    Hi 2021UK,

Did you purchase it from acer store,acer online (website) means you can contact them. And may I know when did you purchase it. 

Hi there,

No I didn't purchase it from a store. The keyboard was given to me (by the people cleaning out the vacant office next door). Consequently, the keyboard is missing both the mouse and USB receiver/dongle. I do not know when it would have been purchased.

So referring back to the original enquiry: is there a replacement dongle (either Acer or a third party manufacturer) which I can acquire to get this keyboard working, or do I have to dispose of it?

Reuse and recycle whenever possible... that's what they tell us... and that's what I'm aiming to do! :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You can try after market venues like eBay, though likely what you will find is the keyboard, mouse and dongle all together in a package... Or what you already have, a keyboard without the dongle.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HeadCook
    HeadCook Member Posts: 1 New User
    2021UK: Have the same problem.  Inherited an AIO model Aspire Z5771 with wireless keyboard and mouse, but no dongle.  Did you ever find a suitable replacement for your system?  Thanks.
  • billsey
    Did you check to make sure the dongle wasn't stored in the mouse?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BassOrWhat
    BassOrWhat Member Posts: 8 New User
    Same issue with SK-9662 keyboard and SN-9662 mouse. I don't see where the dongle can be stored in mouse. Do I need to open the mouse up?
  • billsey
    Yes, usually the dongle is stored next to the battery.
  • witz1128
    witz1128 Member Posts: 1 New User

So, did anyone have any idea of where to find an Acer dongle replacement?

This discussion has been closed.