Should I replace my Predator G3-571 fans with new ones after having clicking noises and low speeds?

WanGaspa
WanGaspa Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello, I am worried because my Predator G3-571 fans have been recently making very annoying clicking sounds, and they are not rotating as they used to; I would like to know if this was caused just because their usability is coming to an end or because of something else. I usually use the computer every day, and I have used it since 2018. I have already checked if there was dust, but there was nothing because I had already cleaned it a month ago. The following pictures show how the GPU fan can no longer reach max speed. Also, how inconsistent the speeds are on max mode. The CPU fan has just started to fail as well.

I was planning on repasting my computer in the next week or so, and I wanted to know if I should also buy the fan replacements while I repaste. Should I do anything while I wait for them if they are necessary?

I will appreciate every response I can get :D

Answers

• Can you record a video of the noise and post it on youtube? Perhaps the problem will be solved by lubricating the fans. This video is for the a515-51 model:

Do the procedure with caution.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WanGaspa

Tinkerer

Can you record a video of the noise and post it on youtube? Perhaps the problem will be solved by lubricating the fans. This video is for the a515-51 model:

Do the procedure with caution.
    Here is the video you asked for :D. Do you reckon that lubricating them should fix the problem? https://streamable.com/awp1gi
  • WanGaspa

Tinkerer

clean them a little. this trick helped me)
    Is there any special procedure that you have to do to clean them? I have already cleaned it with a brush and a rag.
  • WanGaspa

Tinkerer

I will have to stop using the computer for now because the gpu fan is no longer spinning and the computer is reaching high temps. 
  • Have you checked if the fans spin with difficulty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WanGaspa

Tinkerer

Have you checked if the fans spin with difficulty?
    They do :(
  • I would try to lubricate the fans:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer