Upgrade power supply Aspire TC-875-UR13

Danbyl
Danbyl Member Posts: 4 New User

I just discovered my new Acer Aspire TC-875-UR13 does not support HDR10. I would like to add an AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 Graphics Card, but that card recommends a 500W power supply. My computer comes with a 300W. Am I able to upgrade my power supply?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your TC-875 uses an ATX12VO power supply. As you found out, Acer ships those models with a 300W supply. They make 500W supplies for other Acer models and you could potentially go the route of replacing yours with one of those. So far there haven't been any third party PSUs that fit the ATX12VO spec Acer uses.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your TC-875 uses an ATX12VO power supply. As you found out, Acer ships those models with a 300W supply. They make 500W supplies for other Acer models and you could potentially go the route of replacing yours with one of those. So far there haven't been any third party PSUs that fit the ATX12VO spec Acer uses.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Danbyl
    Danbyl Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you. I have been reading up on this issue and I may not need to go that route. My first issue is that the computer, as shipped, needs more RAM to stream HDR10. 16GB is recommended. The TC-785-UR13 has 8GB. Also, I found a video card that, if needed, can be used with a 300W power supply.
This discussion has been closed.