Automatic Repair Loop Aspire C24

Stoppo
Stoppo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2021 in All-In-One PCs
hello all
i bought the Aspire C24 a few years back because of the good reviews. However, it is now stuck on this loop and both Microsoft and Acer have not responded with a solution. I have managed to get the computer up and running three times using the troubleshot options but even after reinstalling Windows from the recovery media the PC eventually reverts back to the automatic repair loop. Costing me huge number of hours in lost time. Is this common with Acer All in One PCs?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Stoppo
    Stoppo Member Posts: 2 New User
    BTW, Acers solution is to send the PC back to them for repair which I am reluctant to do in the age of Remote Desktop etc and Microsoft are very poor at handling requests - spoke to someone in Phillipines who did a temporary fix that lasted a day and then it seems impossible to get in touch with them. Maybe an Acer All in One PC  is just a cheap option with a shelf life of 4 years?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Most of the time that kind of issue is caused by corrupted data on the system drive and that's usually traced to the drive itself. There are other potential causes, such as a virus, but not common. What size and type of drive did it come with?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Stoppo,

# Try to get the BIOS page.

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the Del/esc key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page.
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Stoppo,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Mug2021
    Mug2021 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2022

I had the same problem managed to get it going but everytime MS have an update and the machine updates I get the constant repair loop. The acer aspire a in one is the worst machine I have ever had!!! It's been to the repair shop at least 4 times and always comes back in thr same state, ending up with it getting sorted elsewhere and costing more.

I'm about to give up cometely and smash it up, even though a brand new SSD has been insoles to replace the HDD on acers recommendation!!

Useless. And I've onky had my machine 18 months!

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@Stoppo and @ Mug2021

You can try all the options which are mentioned below one by one.

The best option i suggest is to try the fully clean the drive option If the fully clean the drive is not working then you have to download gwscan , run the utility , format the hdd using write zeroes and then reinstall windows using recovery media. This will resolve the issue. If it is still not working then you have to replace the hdd.

Before trying the step mentioned above try following the steps given below step by step.

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 

It will be in progress.. 

login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

chose remove everything 

click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) - all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos will still be intact.  Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc

click on keep my files ( only applications will be lost )  chose your account and type your password  - click on local reinstall - click on reset

It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10 or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.  Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.  Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

The best option i suggest is to try the fully clean the drive option If the fully clean the drive is not working then you have to download gwscan , run the utility , format the hdd using write zeroes and then reinstall windows using recovery media. This will resolve the issue. If it is still not working then you have to replace the hdd.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★