i need the factory reload disk can anyone help

Answers

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
  • topcat
    topcat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have an Aspire 5517 that has crashed.  The recovery partition is also corrupted.

I went to recover using the 3 DVDs that I created when the machine was first purchased, but the machine doesn't recognize the second disc for some reason.  Does anyone have copies?

I've gone to eRecovery to see about acquiring media but it's not available.

Thank you.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi topcat!

If your disks do not work, and the replacements are no longer available from Acer, then:

1. Go to Acer support and click on the "Drivers & Manuals" section, enter your PC model and download ALL the drivers & applications for your exact OS. Burn them to disk or memory stick.

2. Download the EXACT same version of Windows here, and burn the image to a blank DVD.

3. Use the disk to Install Windows 7 on your laptop. Use the product key, found on your PC, when Windows asks for it. Make sure you type the number carefully.

4. When installed, use your other disk or memory stick to install the drivers & applications.

5. Make sure that Windows is activated. It should do it online, but if there are any problems, you can call Microsoft to help activate it.

6. Download all Windows Updates, your programs & Anti Virus software, and finally all your documents etc.

The above is presuming you had Windows 7 installed. If it was Vista, then you would need to buy a Vista disk and use that instead.

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.