Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Acer Travelmate 5520 wont boot

kaleb1112kaleb1112 Posts: 1Member

I have an acer travelmate 5520 that wont turn on but the power button will light up and the hdd light will flash a couple of times then repeat that then shut off... It doesn't even show the acer logo screen. It has done this once before about a month ago and I replaced the cmos battery and that seemed to fix it but this time when I tried that it didn't help.

Answers

• PereclapPereclap Posts: 1Member

Dear Kaleb,

I got the same problem, in order to locate the problem I've opened my laptop and disconnected all the "wires" from the screen (Backlight, signal, and so,..) I tried also with the fun, but I got the same results.

I can't believe why no-body from Acer give you an answer! At least one should expect an answer to know if the Laptop can be repaired or not,... I'm so disappointed.

Best regards!

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online194

Acer-Micha
Acer-Micha
Alemaxi10
Alemaxi10
Charon13
Charon13
cstrang
cstrang
Isabel66
Isabel66
Kno63
Kno63
peder2701
peder2701
Raided
Raided
Saurabhj
Saurabhj
+185 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Maintenance Notice:

The Acer Community Maintenance has ended! We apologize for the delay and would like to thank everyone for their patience. We're still ironing out some details but you're more than welcome to explore! Stay tuned to the Announcements section as we'll be updating it regularly to keep you informed about the changes.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

Look at ven98 go! Raising up the ranks, helping other users in the Predator forums. Thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 760

Total Points:147

Total Accepted Answers: 0

ven98

Practitioner