Iconia A1 touchscreen low sensitivity problem.

Options
2»

Answers

• aboo
    aboo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hi.....

last week i send my iconia to acer service center...

i just few days back i received my iconia back.

and i shock that the service center said that the screen protector the main cause the stylus cannot be use

Smiley IndifferentSmiley Indifferent

that is why i dont the service center sometimes...

when i get back home, i checked my touch FW and luckly it's updated to 850 FW...

and i noticed that i can use stylus now... =) thanks acer eventhough your service center dont know what they are doin

but atleast they update the FW =)

• irfanamsah
    irfanamsah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey guys, Anyone managed to solve the issue of the bad touchscreen with stylus? I have the 850 update but its still no working with my stylus. Cant draw or write anything! Is acer looking into the issue?

• Markku
    Markku Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi

I think that we just have to live with the fact that this product does not qualify for serious stylus operations. This must have something to do with the touch screen material, structure or something. This is a pity since the form factor of this device is great. I also have a Huawei phablet within the same price range. No issues there. So, there's something one can do with software but if the hw itself is the limit, well, what can you do.

BR Markku

• irfanamsah
    irfanamsah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yeah the form factor is really great. I have noticed when holding the tab in potrait, along the left and right edges (approx 1 cm) stylus and finger works fine meaning i can write smooth lines. eg.when i draw a horizontal line slowly from left to right, the edges produce smooth line followed by erratic inputs and then smooth again coming to the right edge. Drawing vertical lines also doesnt produce eratic inputs. i've attached a picture to show what i mean. i think its not the hardward that is limited coz around the edges and vetical lines are fine. Try it on yours and let me know if its acting the same. Maybe i just have a really bad set and i can return it.

Screenshot_2013-11-08-09-12-23.png

This discussion has been closed.