Acer Iconia W700 - slight delay in touch after idle for more than 5 seconds

Options
doublehook
doublehook Member Posts: 2 New User

I upgraded the Win 8 OS that came with the tablet to Win 8 Pro and ever since, I have a slight delay in screen touch recognition after the the tablet is idle for more than 5 or so seconds. As a result, I have to tap something twice before it responds. Once I get past the idle time, touch works exactly as expected. It's only when there hasn't been any touch activity for more than 5 seconds. It gets somewhat distracting when you're playing a game or navigating the web where you sit idle for a second, click on a link or action, and then have to hit it again because the touch didn't register. I didn't play around much with the OS that shipped with the tablet, so I can't confirm if this happened before I upgraded to pro.

On top of that, I have since reloaded Win 8 pro from scratch and there was no change. It almost seems like the screen touch sensors go into standby mode or something. Very strange.  Thoughts anyone?

Best Answer

• BenjaminLSR
    BenjaminLSR Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go in Device Manager, look for Human interfaces, then, edit both USB input device and uncheck the first line in the power tab.

Answers

• BenjaminLSR
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go in Device Manager, look for Human interfaces, then, edit both USB input device and uncheck the first line in the power tab.

• jordanl17
    jordanl17 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

wow!  i registered on this forum just to say thank you!!!!   this was starting to tick me off.  your fix is perfect.   the w700 must ship with those settings.   Anyone who fresh installs windows is going to have this issue!

• BenjaminLSR
    Options

jordanl17 wrote:

wow!  i registered on this forum just to say thank you!!!!   this was starting to tick me off.  your fix is perfect.   the w700 must ship with those settings.   Anyone who fresh installs windows is going to have this issue!

Enjoy Smiley Happy

• doublehook
    doublehook Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Benjamin, you are the best! That seems to have made all the difference in my idle touch issue as well as my touch experience overall with the W700! I can't thank you enough. Would have never thought of that change in the device manager... and I'm somewhat of a Windows novice, LOL. Thanks so much again!  Smiley Happy

• sopaj96
    sopaj96 Member Posts: 154 Troubleshooter
    Options

I did what you said... Device Managr----»Human Inferfarence Device-----»Usb Device( there was two of it)-----» Rightklick and I unchecked "let computer turn of this device to save battery"(something like that) but.... when I dont press anything for about 10sec I must press two times instead of one time :/

EDIT: Seems like it is working now Smiley Happy I just restarted the tablet and now it seems to be working Smiley Happy

• Tarkus406
    Tarkus406 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I, too, created this account mainly just to say Thank You!!! I wiped this thing clean of all the USELESS acer garbage and installed Windows 8 Pro, then noticed the delay in touch response. So glad I came across this thread, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.