Aspire V3-771G-6485 RAM expansions slots

Options
freetacos
freetacos Member Posts: 1 New User

The V3-771G comes with 4 RAM slots.  I've heard that the RAM is expandable to 16GB, however whenever I try to put any new RAM into slots 3&4, the computer fails to boot (just a black screen when powered on).

I have the latest BIOS update, all my Windows 8 drivers, and the RAM has been tested when rotated.  Is there anything else I could try?  

Please don't tell me that the max RAM is actually 8GB or the 3rd&4th slots are useless...

Answers

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi,

-Verify if the new RAMs that you want to install are the same or not, i mean the same frequency

-Also clean the two slot with a brush me be problem of dust

• LeoScott
    LeoScott Member Posts: 24 New User
    Options

I have an Aspire V3-771g-9441 and installed:

G.SKILL 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9S-4GBSQ Item #: N82E16820231341

from NewEgg in the 2 empty slots and it worked fine.  It is 1.5v ram.  Also, I found that care was needed to  get them both fully in the slots.  It has been working fine for a couple of months.

• Rymech99
    Rymech99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had heard/read (no proof) that it may be based on your CPU chipset.

2 cores = 2 slots live

4 core = 4 slots live

The board & BIOS will support 16GB, but you may have to get 2x8GB for slots 1 & 2 & pitch the others.

Again, this is a rumor...I've only had mine for a week & am still de-crapifying, loading my own software, adding an m-sata SSD & fighting Win8...so I haven't had a chance to start playing with the RAM slots.

• arronfu
    arronfu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

where is the 4 slors, I only see 2 slots in my V3 -771G-6662

• Frigeon
    Frigeon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Got the V3-771G-6675 here and having the problem with only 2 of four slots working as well...interestingly it is an i5 with 2 cores, so this seems to add some credence to the earlier post

• LeoScott
    LeoScott Member Posts: 24 New User
    Options

I have upgraded my ram to 16meg by adding 2 4gig modules in the open slots and it works fine.  I'm typing on that computer now.  What are the specs on the ram you have.  This is what I bought from NewEgg.  Also, it was a little tricky to get them in the slots fully.

2 x G.SKILL 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9S-4GBSQ

This discussion has been closed.