Aspire V3 771G HDMI output problem

Options
deduadrian
deduadrian Member Posts: 11 New User

hello, i have an Acer Aspire V3 771G with an nVidia GeForce GT650M and Intel HD4000 video cards. I have connected my TV Samsung Smart TV to it via HDMI, and at 1980x1080 60Hz resolution the image looks bad, unclear text, taskbar and icons out of frame. I tried all posibilities of settings such as changing the resolution to lower values, or changing the refresh rate, and still no results. I installed the latest driver of both video cards, still nothing, i tried with older drivers for the chipsets, nothing. Previously i had an MSI CX620 laptop with nvidia GeForce 310M and Intel HD3000 video cards, and i had the same problem with the image quality, until i changed from 1980x1080 59Hz to 1980x1080 60Hz, then the image was perfect on the TV screen. I tried the same on the Acer but still no result. Any ideas?anyone?thank you!

Answers

• suniljp
    suniljp Member Posts: 166 Troubleshooter
    Options

Try changing the screen settings press windows key and P together and select duplicate mode and check the clarity of picture.

• deduadrian
    Options

still nothing, that doesnt change any quality of the image. It duplicates the desktop indeed, and i can adjust the properties of each screen but when it comes to the TV still no change Smiley Sad

• suniljp
    Options

Did u update the BIOS? Go for 1.12 version.

• deduadrian
    Options

i think BIOS is at other level, and it doesnt have anything to do with this problem. I dont know, i haven't done the bios update. I still think its something wrong with the driver, i have no idea..I mean on the MSI i had the same problem, when i simply changed the refresh rate the image got perfect, and here it doesnt have any effect Smiley Sad

• suniljp
    Options

How is the display on acer logo? Is it the same?

• deduadrian
    Options

the Acer's screen is a full HD LED screen 1980x1080 resolution, 17'3" size, and the tv is 32" at the same resolution

• LeoScott
    LeoScott Member Posts: 24 New User
    Options

I have a V3-771G 9441 and I hook the HDMI  up to my 40" LCD tv and it works fine.  Running Win 8 64bit.  I can mirror the desktop or extend the desktop and both are ok.  I was running BIOS 1.12 but have upgrades to 1.18 and 2.21.  Am running the latest drivers from Acer website.  Have you tried a different HDMI cable or a different HDMI port in your TV.  I run mine at 1920x1080 60hz.  I stream movies from Amazon and Netflix with this setup.  Hooking to the TV is the reason I got the Acer.

• deduadrian
    Options

im not sure if the BIOS update will fix my problem, but i`ll try to do that. Talking about latest drivers,yes, i have the latest drivers from Acer's website. Talking about the HDMI cable, no, i haven't tried with annother one since i've being using this cable on the old laptop i thought the cable is ok, but i`ll try to use annother one. And in the end,regarding the hdmi ports, yes i tried to change the port, the tv has two ports,doesnt work in any one of them, i mean it works, but the image looks bad as i described in the previous posts.

• deduadrian
    Options

hello!

a small update, i`ve changed the TV, the TV had a problem and the shop decided to change it with a new one. But with no solution, the image is still the same. I`ve changed the resolution from 1980x1080@60Hz to  1680x1050@60Hz, and the image looks much more better, smooth curves,smooth text, smooth windows,etc. But its still not the best image i can have. I stil have no idea what makes this problem to appear. I will try to change even the HDMI cable but im not sure thats the solution cause i`ve being using this cable with my previous laptop and it worked fine. Main suspect now is my new Acer laptop, but we`ll see. IF anybody has some other suggestion, please shoot it here. Thank you!

• deduadrian
    Options

hello again to everyone who reads this post...Anyways, i think i solved the problem, there is just one test left to do. Like i said, i`ve changed the TV with a brand new one, i tested two different laptops with my hdmi cable on this new tv and the image looks the same. I`ve used my laptop on some friend's TV with my hdmi cable, the same result. Now im gonna use on annother simillar samsung SMART TV with my hdmi cable and with other hdmi cable, if with my cable the image will be the same, case solved..Anyway,thanks for reading and thanks for your advice-postsSmiley Happy

• suniljp
    Options

Thank's for the update and good to know you have found the resolution for the issue * HDMI cable is having signal loss ".

• deduadrian
    Options

you`re welcome. Well saturday i will test this cable at some friend, he is using some similar samsung smart tv on a laptop via hdmi cable, so i`ll test it there to see if its the same image. If the image looks bad on my cable  and good on his cable,then problem is fully solved. I`ll keep you up-to-date. THank you again for your support!

• aspire2013
    aspire2013 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i m reading about the hdmi but is it possible to connect a ps3 to my acer aspire v3 - 771G with a HDMI cable?

• suniljp
    Options

Like you want to use the laptop screen to display PS3 video. If so no as the HDMI in ur laptop is a output port.

• aspire2013
    Options

the HDMI port is an output so it won t work? just asking because don t wanne mess up my laptop

• suniljp
    Options

Yes you are right but check if there is any hadware which can be added to the laptop to get a HDMI input port.

Some USB devices.

• aspire2013
    Options

alright i ll have a look for it thank you very mutch for the help.

• deduadrian
    Options

hello, im sorry that i never came up with the update on that test i had to make. Ok, so the thing is..that some friend is using a simillar samsung smart tv connected via hdmi cable on his laptop and it works perfectly, full hd resolution at 60Hz. If i use the same setting on my Acer V3 laptop with my cable, the image looks too big, and the quality is low, no smooth icons, and the taskbar is half displayed, its like i have to calibrate the image manually to match the screen's size. So, after trying to udpate and downgrade different versions of drivers of both video cards with no results, i took my friend's hdmi cable and tried to see if the image looks normal, but the image looks the same as with my cable. if i use my laptop with his cable on his tv, the image looks the same, very bad as on my tv. Is there a malfunction with my hdmi port?

This discussion has been closed.