Acer Aspire S7-391 getting MY apps onto the start screen

Options
jyinger
jyinger Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my new toy for just 24 hours, and I love it.  No wifi issues, eveything seems to work as it should.  Except---How do I get all of the pre-loaded apps that I don't want off of the start screen (actually, I have been making some progress there [[why would we need McAfee when we have Windows Defender???]], but I cant get the apps I want onto the start screen.

Take Netflix, for example.  The Netflix tile only seems to relate to streaming, which I don't use at all, but won't allow me to use my pre-existing Netflix account to rent DVDs.  And then there is the News tile---I can't tell where this comes from, but it won't allow me to specificy the New York Times as my source, even though I am a paying member of NYT online.  And just try to load the Auto Club, the Sierra Club, church or some non-profit site (like my local bridge club) even though it is a valid website.  If it doesn't make money for some big corporation, there's no tile available.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• suniljp
    suniljp Member Posts: 166 Troubleshooter
    Options

Open news application. Once it is opened right click and on the top you will have the option to select source. Double click on source and select which new is to be displayed.

To uninstall an app from startup tile please right click on the tile which you want to remove you will get the option to uninstall on the bottom bar. You can only uninstall one tile at a time. Some tiles are default windows one which cannot be uninstalled but can be unpinned from startup.

This discussion has been closed.