Acer Iconia w510 touchpad drivers

Options
clarity1981
clarity1981 Member Posts: 10 New User

Are there any plans for Acer to release a touchpad driver to allow for multi-touch gestures such as two finger scroll?? Also, as others have stated, the general behavior of the touchpad is very wonky with erratic horizontal movement coming up pretty often. The tuchpad issues are bad enough that they are making me contemplate returnting the device. Otherwise, the device is fantastic and a fix would make this device perfect.

Answers

• fabienpks
    fabienpks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

I totally agree with clarity1981. Moreover, there is a problem with the mouse cursor disapearing from screen (and when it appears, the battery, even when connected to power, isn't charging). The solution I found is to undock the tablet and redock it.

So, for me, three things need to be done:

- release a touchpad driver to multi-touch gestures

- fix the erratic horizontal movements

- fix the mouse cursor and battery problem

I think that if a solution isn't provided within a month, I will return the device.

I hope acer will read this.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I have a STP-600 smulti-mode smartpad. When I connected to the hub, Win 8 just went out and found the right drivers so is working as both touchpad and numeric keypad.

Did notice that the USB port does not have much power so I had to add a power supply (5v 2A) to my hub so that everything would work.

• clarity1981
    Options

Looks like a nice device, but we're talking about the drivers for the touchpad built into the w510 keyboard dock.

• clarity1981
    Options

I would really appreciate it if a representative from Acer can respond to this issue.

• zoomzoom9
    zoomzoom9 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I agree!  I'm having the same touchpad issues.  I've also contemplated returning my device!

• oryfoxer7410
    oryfoxer7410 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I second this! The Touchpad on my 510 is horrible!! The mouse will jump all over the place, I'll be in one area, then boom, the other side of the screen. It is espically annoying dragging icons or re-sizing windows. 

PLEASE FIX THIS! I looked in control panel and it see's the touchpad as a normal mouse. 

I just purchased this Tablet last night and this is really a deal breaker. I'm considering returning for a Samsung. 

Everything about the tablet is amazing, but this touchpad is horrible. Honestly, its enough to make the device a nightmare to use. 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I do not have ensemble, just the tablet but works fine with my Multi-Touch Gesture Touchpad from Amazon. Doesn't do swipe though so may get one of the Logitech pads (T650) but are wireless and I prefer batteryless.

Am testing with a lot of peripherals mostly USB based but so far NP other than I seem to have corrupted some USB to Serial drivers so need to relaoad.

To me this sounds like a hardware issue in the dock.

Will say that with a keyboard, mouse, and 24" 16x9 monitor it is quite good & capable of 1920x1080 resolution. I really can't tell much difference in performance from a desktop. Am using a powered 7 port USB hub to be able to run all of the peripherals.

In six months I suspect it will be recognised as a gamechanger (have spent a liftime on the bleeding edge, have an '88 Buick with a touchscreen in the dash.)

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 84 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hello Acer Community,

I would like to update in regards to the Touchpad for W510. The issue has been resolved we have found a hardware update to the touchpad module will need to be applied. Please contact your local service support to arrange this.

Contact numbers are available by going to your local Acer Support web page.

Thanks

• cafedead
    cafedead Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I could solve this problem by going into device manager and deleting the mouse device, then restart the computer
  • clarity1981
    Options

what functionality is that giving you? Does it just stop the instability or are you getting multi-touch gestures?

• cafedead
    Options

It stops the instability, no gestures

• bpubben
    bpubben Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Dear Chris,

Unfortunately the Dutch Acer Support is not aware of the solution which you're suggesting.

They claim that the device has to be replaced.

We bought the device with 9 collagues and all of them have the same probleem, so in my opinion replacing it is not a solution.

Could you be more specific about your solution which we needed to contact the support? I was hoping a soft or firmware update for the touchpad.

• cafedead
    Options
    The problem has reappeared for me too, so my solution didnt work
  • kainy
    kainy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, 

I have the same issues with the trackpad and today I'm going to the store to check my options. Saddly I have some defect with the screen too (several yellow spots), so I'll probably first need a replacement, and then I'll try with the distributors to see if they can fix the trackpad, or they won't have this information, too.

• ckoreed
    ckoreed Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

How do I find local support?  The Acer website support section addresses sending the unit in for repair, but not where to take it locally.

• jordant2
    jordant2 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I too have this issue. I have had this device for about two weeks now and I hadn't really noticed this as I mostly use it as a tablet. I have been using it a lot with the keyboard dock and find the touchpad very erratic. I was also having an issue with the sound randomly going out requiring a reboot but after I installed the driver package from the support page, it did a clovertrail firmware update I haven't had the sound issue again (fingers crossed). I really want to love this device. Will this hardware fix add gesture support?

• mindkiller18
    mindkiller18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello Chris!

Are you sure about this that it is a hardware problem? and I am in Germany and how can I proceed with this issue?

• sagupast
    sagupast Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

THIS IS TOUCHPANEL BUG IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!

This discussion has been closed.