Acer S500 Cloudmobile Jelly Bean update

Options
2»

Answers

• mihaiconst
    mihaiconst Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

According to GLBenchmark .. these are RELEASE VERSIONS of Android for Acer S500 .. Smiley LOL sry I don't understand, how come? the 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 versions are tested? so .. if Acer is testing right now... how come 4.1.x are released ????

android.os.Build.VERSION.RELEASE

4.0.3 4.0.4

• mihaiconst
    mihaiconst Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

Guys .. here: http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers - select model: S500/ see the results of OS tab and you will find an update pack (aprox. 600 Mb) for A 4.0.4 ONLY for the devices with SKU image (or Image version) who have GEN1 termination. like: Acer.AV043.S500.RV16RC01.WW.GEN1 this is only applicable to this version and has major improvements, like APN (WIFI) fixes and more stability.

Those (including ME) who have the SKU Acer_AV043_S500_RV17RC01_EMEA_ORGROD ...= eqaul we will still have issues, so enjoy Smiley Happy

In the previous post, I see that in the future..." _ORGROD" (Orange vers.) it will have an stability upgrade pack .. so when .. I don't know!

• Vache
    Vache Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options

For phoned purchased through an operator, updates depends on operator cause specific version have to be build, not on Acer. Operators may chose to not realease updates. Usually operators version are release later. That's the case for ORGROD and MBSD.

• forroati
    forroati Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

I just got an email from Orange Romania and they said Acer Cloud Mobile won’t be updated to Android 4.1 by the producer…

This discussion has been closed.