W510 touchpad is flakey

2»

Answers

• clarity1981
    clarity1981 Member Posts: 10 New User

I think everyone on the forum is willing to deal with the problem as long as Acer plans to release the driver sometime soon.

• fuqib
    fuqib Member Posts: 5 New User

very true!

i am also on the borderline waiting to hear whether the drivers will potentiall fix the issue. Otherwise i will be looking at returning this and getting another tablet instead.

Acer - you lose quite a few customers as i will be advising others not to look into this due to the touchpad issues. Being at a good IT position, that's a few sales gone

• skylord13
    skylord13 Member Posts: 4 New User

well, I couldn't wait any longer as my return window was closing.  It's a shame Acer, you almost have a great product here...just need to work on your customer comminication and quality control.  My second W510 did eventually develop the touchpad flakiness and another weird thing I noticed is that my 1st unit took about 30 seconds to reconnect to wifi anytime I unlocked and used it.  My second one connected instantly or remained connected. 

I'll remain using my Surface RT (if my wife lets me) for now.  I've got my eye on the Surface Pro, Thinkpad Tablet 2, Thinkpad Lynx and a couple others by Dell

I've ruled out the HP ENVY X2 (too pricey) Asus TF810 (keyboard dock issues) anything else made by Acer, Samsung ATIV 500T (lots of complaints) 

• clarity1981
    clarity1981 Member Posts: 10 New User

Did anyone notice the driver package available on Acer support for the w510. Did anyone install it and does it fix the touchpad issues? I would, but my w510 is in the process of being reset for return.

This discussion has been closed.