Aspire One 756 (Intel 847, VT-x) and Virtualisation with MS Hyper-V or Oracles VM.

Options
Cetin
Cetin Member Posts: 4 New User

I have recently bought an Aspire One 756 and it has an Intel 847 with VT-x, so it should be capable to handle virtual machines like Oracles VM or Microsofts Hyper-V, but it does not. I guess it is a BIOS problem. Will there be a BIOS update that will support the VT-x of the build-in CPU?

Best Answer

• Cetin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Again an update, now even Oracle VM VirtualBox works fine, the problem was a faulty *.vdi.

Conclusion: It works. It is slow, but it works and that is good enough for me. Smiley Happy

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good day

Go to command prompt and type msinfo32 and press enter. System information, scroll down right to the bottom. You will get information if your hardware supports hyper-v. The last time I checked, the mainboards on these machines dont support hyper-v.

Regards,

Freeza

• Cetin
    Options

There is nothing telling me not to do virtualizations but it says yes, you indeed have an Intel 847. Therefore I think it is the BIOS that does not fully support the CPU.

• Cetin
    Options

I have to correct myself insofar as Hyper-V does work indeed. It just took so long to install that I thought the PC froze.

Nevertheless Oracles VM does still not work but produces blue screens.

• Cetin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Again an update, now even Oracle VM VirtualBox works fine, the problem was a faulty *.vdi.

Conclusion: It works. It is slow, but it works and that is good enough for me. Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.