How to resolve error code 0x45d

renz_
renz_ Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I bought an Acer Aspire 5755G about 1 year ago which runs window 7 64-bit. Through the past few months, my laptop has started to have a tendency to freeze especially during the windows loading screen. I was able to resolve it temporarily by using safe mode and system repair but it would eventually occur again and a lot of the times it comes back when there is a windows update. But eventually, my laptop had gone to a point where I couldn't do anything to fix it. It would just freeze on the windows loading screen. I tried safe mode again but it didn't work. Then when I tried system repair my mouse becomes immovable and when I use system repair it would result in saying it couldn't be fixed automatically. So I started searching on google for possible solutions. Now I have tried to reformat it by using Acer eRecovery Management (v8.3.2) but it would go to about 34% before a notice pops up. "Restore failed - Error code=0x45d (WIMApplyImage cannot apply image : The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.)"

I have ran out of ideas and I really need help.
Thank you all it is very appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.