Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

How to resolve error code 0x45d

renz_renz_ Posts: 1Member

Hi, I bought an Acer Aspire 5755G about 1 year ago which runs window 7 64-bit. Through the past few months, my laptop has started to have a tendency to freeze especially during the windows loading screen. I was able to resolve it temporarily by using safe mode and system repair but it would eventually occur again and a lot of the times it comes back when there is a windows update. But eventually, my laptop had gone to a point where I couldn't do anything to fix it. It would just freeze on the windows loading screen. I tried safe mode again but it didn't work. Then when I tried system repair my mouse becomes immovable and when I use system repair it would result in saying it couldn't be fixed automatically. So I started searching on google for possible solutions. Now I have tried to reformat it by using Acer eRecovery Management (v8.3.2) but it would go to about 34% before a notice pops up. "Restore failed - Error code=0x45d (WIMApplyImage cannot apply image : The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.)"

I have ran out of ideas and I really need help.
Thank you all it is very appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online145

darbanere
darbanere
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
Finbarr
Finbarr
IronFly
IronFly
Kermshugg
Kermshugg
Maxgrt
Maxgrt
Soft_revolution
Soft_revolution
stripergirl
stripergirl
UNDERFLO
UNDERFLO
WruceBayne
WruceBayne
+135 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.