Drivers for USB controller windows 7 Aspire V3-771G

szymas
szymas Member Posts: 9 New User

I cannot for the life of me get the USB Controller in the Device Manager to install a driver.. I have tried installing ALL the drivers for this laptop (I downgraded from Windows 8 to Window 7 Pro). I have tried deleting it and restarting.. only to be shown that the device/driver is not loaded or installed.. Any help?

Answers

• ben_berg
    ben_berg Member Posts: 13 New User

My system: Acer Aspire V3-771G, i7, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD, 750Gb HD, 17,3" FullHd etc.

If you have made the Acer App/Driver Backup DVD by the eRecovery Management on Windows 8

before downgrading you should be able to install the USB drivers installing the Intel Chipset drivers.

I have also wiped all disks and installed Windows 7 ultimate, I like my machine much better now..

• ben_berg
    ben_berg Member Posts: 13 New User

After checking my drivers I guess the correct one would be the "Aspire_V3771G_Intel_USB3_1.0.4.220_W7x64_A".

You normally can download the "Intel_USB3_1.0.4.220_W7x64_A.zip" from the Acer homepage. Hope this works.

That driver was NOT on the Acer App/Driver Backup DVD, I had to download it too...

• carlgt1
    carlgt1 Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks for the pointer - I've had the same problem but with a V3-772G --- I found Windows 8 absolutely awful and also "downgraded" to Win 7 --- was able to find appropriate drivers except for the USB Controller (which is important as it's seemingly for USB 3.0).  I ended up getting it from the Intel page:

USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22824/eng/SetupUSB3.zip&lang=eng&Dwnldid=22824

• mmike
    mmike Member Posts: 13 New User

@ carlgt1

I have an aspire v3-772g too. I haven't been able to find working drivers for ethernet ( the chipset driver from acer doesn''t support ethernet in Win7 ) Did you find a working driver??

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Let me help some of you out here. When you downgraded from 8 to 7, you lost your drivers and installed a system that your machine is not designed for. You might be able to get your missing drivers fron the manufacturer's website, but remember that Acer is not responsible for non-Acer downloads.

There is a better plan. Restore your original Windows 8 system. On the Start Page, drag the Desktop tile to the top left corner. Now you only have to press Enter to go to the desktop.

On the desktop, go online and install the free Classic Shell Start button. Your machine wil now run like Windows 7, and you can explore the new features later if you want to.

• wolfie
    wolfie Member Posts: 4 New User

mmike wrote:

@ carlgt1

I have an aspire v3-772g too. I haven't been able to find working drivers for ethernet ( the chipset driver from acer doesn''t support ethernet in Win7 ) Did you find a working driver??

Hey man, I did the same on my 772G - try the Broadcom LAN driver for the Aspire V3-571G. Worked for me! I got all drivers to work. Machine is fast and stable with W7

Also, consider installing an mSATA SSD as your boot drive - my 772G screams after I did that with W7!

• wolfie
    wolfie Member Posts: 4 New User

Vince53 wrote:

Let me help some of you out here. When you downgraded from 8 to 7, you lost your drivers and installed a system that your machine is not designed for. You might be able to get your missing drivers fron the manufacturer's website, but remember that Acer is not responsible for non-Acer downloads.

There is a better plan. Restore your original Windows 8 system. On the Start Page, drag the Desktop tile to the top left corner. Now you only have to press Enter to go to the desktop.

On the desktop, go online and install the free Classic Shell Start button. Your machine wil now run like Windows 7, and you can explore the new features later if you want to.

No, not really. Most of the driver bundles support both W7 and W8. The chipsets work with both. It all works. Some people don't like being forced to use a tablet OS on their laptop that's all...

This discussion has been closed.