Acer Aspire 5742 OverHeating

Slinky
Slinky Member Posts: 4 New User

i have cleaned the fan and everything else from dust but still overheats, don't know if i need a new laptop fan or replace the heatsink paste or both can someone please help me

Answers

• slovaku
    slovaku Member Posts: 2 New User

Can you tell me your idle temperature and a full load one? i think i have same problem but i dont know if Acer's are running hotter than other notebook's (cuz they are worse quality,and cheaper,of course)

I have about 50 °C in idle (win8) and 95°C in full load,i really dont know if this is okay.

• kathybrowneyes
    kathybrowneyes Member Posts: 1 New User

My acre 5742 over heats and then cut out what can I do to fix this I have done everything I can think of Hoover the vents I even got a tech guy to put new cooling paste on the CPU. Someone please help 

• slovaku
    slovaku Member Posts: 2 New User

Well, try to clean your cooler with air duster or something like that,if that doesn't work try to put new thermal paste on GPU and CPU and if that wont solve problem,change the cooler Smiley Sad

• farhome63
    farhome63 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issue.  I have had the laptop checked out by a service tech and he could not find anything wrong.  Any other ideas besides cleaning the fan and reapplying the thermal paste?

• mpd
    mpd Member Posts: 1 New User

Has anybody found a solution to the overheating problem, other than going to another manufacturer of laptops?

Thanks,

Marilyn

This discussion has been closed.