Aspire5 a515-56g-no bootable device found, In the BIOS at the boot menu section shows no devices.

Usersaddd
Usersaddd Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited 7:58AM in Aspire Laptops

Acer aspire 5 a515-56g

I opened an external HDD deleted it and reformat it to ext4 in my Linux machine then transferred some files to external HDD.

At the desktop it created to two mounted medias which I believed is the external HDD created by gparted after successfully media (one is 500gb and one is 500mb) transferring files to the HDD I unmounted the said two medias then do some work after that I shutdown and reopened my laptop and found the error.

In the BIOS at the boot menu section shows no devices.

I tried booting from f12 boot menu and disabling secure boot nothing works.

My last option is to create a bootable media and start from scratch but figured to post it first here in case if there is a solution other than this.

Thanks

[Edited the topic title to include model number]

Answers

• Usersaddd
    Usersaddd Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Additionaly, at the BIOS's information tab there is a field

hhD0 and it is not empty it shows probably my hard drive model I don't have any screenshot of it since I turned off my laptop but if it would help please let me know thanks

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,911 Trailblazer

You must have corrupted the windows OS bootfiles of your Aspire A515-56G laptop. If you are getting a 'no bootable device" its the boot drive that has corrupt startup files, if its a windows OS do a startup repair with restarting + F10 and turning the laptop off at the power key 3 times as this will get you into the Advanced > Troubleshooting>Startup Repair section of windows. As its a good sign if the boot drive is shown in bios under HDD0, as it means that the boot drive is working and its not faulty. So try that fisrt.

If you are using a Linux OS, then you need to find out how to repair the Linux boot startup file as I have no idea😁good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍