Why does my Laptop run so high temp? I have a Predator Helios Neo 18

Billy_Bob_24
Billy_Bob_24 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 23 in Predator Laptops

Hey I have a Predator Helios Neo 18” from this year bought just a few days ago. When playing games the CPU hits 100 degrees and sits there, even on turbo. My buddy has a predator from a few years ago and with the same graphics settings he runs at 80 degrees. Is there a problem with my new laptop? Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,731 Pathfinder

Before you go into more details - few years ago - the cpu performance and speeds were much slower than today. Try optimizing your system to bring down the temps - there are many threads on this forum that detail on how to optimize.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 660

Predator Helios are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for laptop temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

————————————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.