Complaint About Defective Paint Quality & poor body material on Acer Shirt 5 Laptop and Claim Intent

Anubhav00
Anubhav00 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 2:22AM in Swift and Spin Series

Subject: Complaint Regarding Poor Quality of Acer Laptop and Intent to File a Claim

Problem Overview: 1. 

Body Paint: 

The paint on the body of my laptop is coming off, even though I have not used the laptop extensively. This suggests a potential issue with the quality of the paint or the manufacturing process.

Dear Acer Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the quality of the laptop I purchased from Acer. I am extremely disappointed by the poor manufacturing quality and the substandard materials used in the product, especially considering its price point of ₹1,00,000.

Despite my high expectations due to the price, the laptop has shown significant deterioration, even when it has barely been used. It is unacceptable for a reputed company like Acer to provide such poor quality in a product, particularly one that is supposed to be a premium offering. I feel cheated and misled by the brand, as the product does not meet the standards I expected when I made the purchase.

Due t

o this, I am left with no option but to file a claim in the consumer court for a full refund. The laptop’s issues clearly arise from poor manufacturing and substandard materials, which have led to its rapid decline in quality.

I request your immediate attention to this matter and expect a swift resolution. If not, I will proceed with legal action to seek compensation for the inconvenience and disappointment caused by this experience.

I look forward to a prompt and satisfactory resolution.

Note: my machine out of warranty I need fix the issue with out cost. And all customers facing same issues in the entire model. I saw many tickets and complaints same.

Best regards.