When starting my PC, the motherboard(B56H5-AD) emits one constant beep.

Tru1ng__
Tru1ng__ Member Posts: 2 New User

can anyone help? I already tried to reboot bios. Think the problem may be in the memory or the power supply, what do you guys think?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,773 Trailblazer

A single, continuous beep is an indication of bad memory. If you haven't changed the memory, try reseating the memory sticks. We don't have cross references for motherboard internal numbers like that. What Acer model is it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tru1ng__
    Tru1ng__ Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire TC-1660, what is the chance that this is related to the power supply?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,593 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited October 14

Most likely, it'd never get far enough for the beep if the PS was bad or low voltage and the fan wouldn't run as I'm assuming that it does run OK. DO as Billsey says. Reseating the RAM usually will fix it. Clean the contacts too with a pencil eraser an denatured alcohol or DeoxIt

• Larryodie

Use a Q-Tip when cleaning is OK, just watched the wet fibers don't go in the socket.

• Larryodie

A big rubber eraser does wonders on the tarnished contacts too.

• matrio
    matrio Member Posts: 1 New User

I thinks Thats a bugs

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,773 Trailblazer

OK, also while you have it open look to see what memory is actually installed. Those were designed for 2933 MHz, but they actually installed 3200 MHz in most due to the memory shortage at the time. If someone has replaced the stock memory with a different type you could get that symptom.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.