Bright spot at top left side next to the camera bump area

Sreevibhavan
Sreevibhavan Member Posts: 2 New User

There is a bright white spot visible in the said area. It is clearly visible in dark backgrounds. What could be the issue and what should i do?

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,174 Trailblazer

HI @Sreevibhavan please indicate the exact model of the device, although it may not be relevant to your question, it could help if necessary to consult the service manual.
    How long has the device been in use?
    Have you checked if the screen is too bright and if reducing it causes the problem to be less or disappears?
    In any case, you should bear in mind that the backlight settings are configured to increase the brightness of the screen and this can cause what you mention, that in a dark environment without a video input source it may present this detail but in principle it is normal and should not indicate a malfunction.

In any case, if you have questions and you have a warranty, do not hesitate to contact the Acer warranty service in your area.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Sreevibhavan
    Sreevibhavan Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited 4:05AM

@Alejandro_AC The Model is Acer Aspire 3. I bought it yesterday. I can see the bright spot on one side of the camera bump but not in the other side that is what bothers me. It looks as if some pressure is put on the screen from the back side