Helios 500 PH517–51 won’t turn on only power button & battery & Light button is blue

rajeevp
rajeevp Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited 1:48AM in Predator Laptops

hi

steps done till now :

everything open and removed including the battery

all parts are clean and tidy

Power drain done

Checked with battery and without battery

How to fix it ?

It seems to be a common issue in past for many and I have seen n community post for same issue .

thanks 🙏

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,159 Trailblazer

Are you using the power adapter that came with your laptop and did you also checked the RAM modules seating/connections with the battery disconnected first? If you have a spare RAM module, try that. Also remove the CMOS battery (with the battery disconnected first) and shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS module with a bended paperclip this resets BIOS. Reinstall the coin battery with the + sign facing up and connect the battery. Plug in the barrel plug power adapter (not the USB-C charger) and try to boot.

• rajeevp

Tinkerer

hi thanks . No I did not done anything on the ram yet for that I thinking I need to remove the main board as it is below the board other side of it . Coms I removed and put it back . But not sure about shorten or anything . I don’t know that . Also do you want me to get new cmos . Plus I use the main power cable adaptor of laptop not the c charger. My model is Helios 500 i7 ph17 .

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,293 Trailblazer

Did this problem occur for no apparent reason? Or did something happen before the problem arose, such as a change in thermal paste? Have you checked if the motherboard has all the primary voltages?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rajeevp

Tinkerer

hi the laptop was turned on last night and working fine. Morning it was switched off than I tried to check it was still the same . I cleaned laptop and I applied new thermal paste and all Trobuleshoting done . Still nothing

• Commodore_1995#

What happens when you disconnect all peripherals like hard drive, ssd, wlan, daughter card, etc?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rajeevp

Tinkerer

this is open again now checking ram . CMOS battery is m1220 small one

• Commodore_1995#

What is the exact model? example: PH315-55-5890.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rajeevp

Tinkerer

Predator Helios 500 PH517–51–72NU

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,629 Trailblazer
    edited 2:21AM

Do a Hard Reset first as your laptops could have an EC chip that is frozen and stops your laptop from booting properly and a hard reset will unfreeze the chip and make your laptop boot properly, also check the ram modules if you have two modules installed, then boot the laptop with just one ram module and alternate and see if you have faulty ram as bad ram can cause a booting problem also, or even better, get new and similar ram from another laptop and test the laptop like that.

If the hard reset doesn't fix this problem then you need to take your laptop to a technician in your area so that he can analyse the problem as an EC chip can be replaced or you could have other issues with the laptop like a faulty eDP cable or at worse a shorted dedicated NVidia GTX gpu that will need to be disabled so that you can only use the cpu graphics. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Hard Reset: Unscrew the sixteen (16) screws on the back cover of your PH517-51 laptop, then carefully pry up the base cover starting from the opening in SSD bay to take the cover off, take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

Predator PH516-51 mobo, EC chip is at #16 that needs to be checked if its not shorted and needs replacing

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍