Is that's how acer work (acer service center fraud)

Preetam2845
Preetam2845 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 10:52AM in Predator Laptops

In December 2022, I purchased my first laptop, an Acer Predator Helios 300, from Flipkart for Rs 1,04,990. The specifications were:Intel i7 10th Gen,1TB HDD, 256GB SSD,16GB RAM,RTX 3050 6GB Graphics CardEverything was fine until September 10, 2024. The previous day, I had been working in Figma and later watched Netflix. I had stopped playing games oOn the morning of September 10, I tried to start my laptop, but it simply wouldn’t turn on. I took it to a nearby shop where They opened my laptop and told me that it required chip-level servicing, which they couldn't do. they we can change motherboard. for 80kI then went to an Acer-authorized service center. Name is in the comment.The experience there was different. Unlike the previous store, they didn't open the laptop to show me anything. They just asked for my laptop's password, saying they needed it to check the system after repairs. Reluctantly, I gave it to them.On September 26, she called and said they couldn’t fix the laptop and that the motherboard needed replacing. The cost would be Rs 38,000, which was much better than Rs 80,000. However, they only offered a 3-month warranty, which I felt was too risky. i need 1 year warrantyShe tried to negotiate, offering a discount, and eventually quoted Rs 37,000. I still wasn’t convinced and decided to take my laptop back. When I went to collect my laptop, she suddenly offered to fix it for Rs 30,000, then Rs 25,000, but I declined. then she said sir you wanted to sell the laptop we will purchase it for 4k as it's in a dead condition and i said no. Finally, she said they could repair it for Rs 15,000. She assured me that if they couldn’t fix it, they would return it in the same condition. I felt they had identified the issue and agreed to go ahead with the Rs 15,000 repair.A week later, she called to say my laptop was working. When I asked what the issue was, she said they replaced the PCH chip, which had burnt out. I asked for proof, such as pictures or the burnt part, but they had nothing to show me.

A week later, she called to say my laptop was working. When I asked what the issue was, she said they replaced the PCH chip, which had burnt out. I asked for proof, such as pictures or the burnt part, but they had nothing to show me. She insisted that because the laptop was previously dead and was now working, they must have replaced something.I asked them to open the laptop to show me the parts. After a long wait, they opened it, and to my shock, I discovered that my 16GB RAM had been replaced with 8GB. When I confronted them, they denied doing anything, claiming I had no proof that it was originally 16GB. Unfortunately, I hadn’t taken a picture before bringing it in, so I had no evidence.They also showed me a new PCH chip, but the chip had "fresh PCH chip" written on it, which was suspicious. They claimed it was just "their code language." Frustrated, I paid the Rs 15,000 and left.However, my laptop's graphics card was no longer showing up in the DirectX panel. The service center staff said they couldn’t fix that, though the card seemed to be functioning otherwise.

Later, I checked my browser history and found that while my laptop was with the service center, someone had visited a Telugu movie download site called Ibomma. I don’t even speak Telugu!The next day, on September 27, my laptop stopped working again, completely dead like before. I took it back to the service center, and this time I made sure they opened it in front of me to verify that all the parts were still there. I specifically mentioned the RAM, graphics card, and speakers. They accepted the laptop.When I returned in the evening, they said the issue was "power consumption," but I knew it was the same problem as before. Checking the DirectX diagnostic tool again, I found that my RAM had been reduced to 4GB. Furious, I demanded they open the laptop. They finally admitted that the 4GB RAM was their testing RAM, and they had forgotten to replace it with my 8GB RAM. After some time, they returned with my 8GB RAM, claiming it was brought by an engineer who had left earlier.

Acer is that's how Acer provide service to the customer. So, my question is: How can an authorized service center behave this way?They:Tried to take money 40k then came to 37, 25,20, then they told me the can fix it for Rs 15,000. But PCH chip replacement that only costs around Rs 1,300. (they gave only 20days warranty not even whole one month.Changed their diagnosis from a PCH chip issue to a power consumption problem.Swapped out my 16GB RAM and tried to cover it up.My graphics card is not visible in the DirectX diagnostic tool and my laptop’s screen is not working properly.Pressed a screw so hard that it caused a dent in my laptop.Is this really how Acer service centers operate? How can a laptop that cost me over Rs 1 lakh last only 1 year and 9 months?(I have also recorded all our conversation)Acer I tried connecting with company no response.

Acer Service Center - Google Search

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]