Nitro 5 AN515-45 black screen after directly closing lid at low charge

Rambo68
Rambo68 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey , my Nitro 5 laptop is showing black screen after I closed lid of laptop. While doing so , at first I put my laptop in sleep mode and was about to close lid , at 30 degree the screen unlocked..still I closed the lid [I was at low charge 20-25 %]

No Acer logo , keyboard lit, caps and other key works, I can login to windows 11 blindly (welcome sound comes)

Few months ago, I had black screen while is using laptop, at that time force restart fixed

But now , tried many things . Holding power button and restarting, ctrl+win+shift+b several times etc...I am out of warranty..

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,670 Pathfinder

Does the screen turn on when you start laptop to show the acer logo? If nothing works, try getting into BIOS screen by repeatedly pressing F2 when starting laptop.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Rambo68

No, no Acer logo

• Rambo68

No , I can't see Acer logo

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,052 Trailblazer

Have you tried pressing the F7 button either with or without the Fn key?
    You should leave the power adapter plugged in 24/7 to avoid situations like this, and Sleep mode was replaced by Modern Standby in Windows10 22H2 and W11. If your battery does not support Connected Standby, you may have power problems. What are the LEDs indicating when the adapter is not plugged in (power LED slow amber flashing?) and what do you see when you plug in the adapter (amber battery LED?)

Try connecting an external monitor or TV to the HDMI port and see if you get a display, if no display even after pressing the F7 key you may have to bring the laptop to Acer Services to reset the system to factory default, no longer under warranty after 3 years but the service fee will be small (if no hardware needs to be replaced).