Want to upgrade Ram but not sure what kind of ram to install in Aspire A515-43-R6DE

Duckysss
Duckysss Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 5:57AM in Aspire Laptops

I have a Aspire A515-43-R6DE, Specs: Aspire 5 Laptop - A515-43-R6DE | Acer Store – US

I want to upgrade its ram but I'm not to sure what kind of ram because while searching for rams. I thought about just buying the same ram to have a total of 16 GB of ram, but the ones I find online doesn't match my own, usually having a different CL Delay or Bus Type.

Just to let you know I'm not well informed about these types of things. I just want to play games a bit smoother without spending too much.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,485 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Upgrading RAM: A Step-by-Step Guide

If you want to upgrade your RAM, follow these steps:

1. Check Current RAM Specs:
      • Use CPU-Z to determine your current RAM specs by check SPD tab and Memory tab. CPU-Z provides detailed information about your RAM. If you have any doubts or need clarification, check the RAM model number in CPU-Z and search for it on Google to find exact specifications such as CAS latency (CL), voltage, frequency, and more.
    2. Consider RAM Stick Compatibility:
      • I do NOT recommend using two RAM sticks of different specs, as this can lead to performance issues and is generally a waste of money.

For Optimal RAM Performance:

To achieve the best performance from your RAM upgrade make sure all specs are same, ensure that:

1. Both RAM sticks are of equal size.
    2. Both RAM sticks have the same voltage.
    3. Both RAM sticks have the same CAS latency (CL).
    4. Both RAM sticks are of equal speed (MHz) and are DDR4.
    5. Make sure that you buy JEDEC profile ram. It means dont buy xmp ram or any overclock supported ram.

By following these guidelines, you can ensure a smoother and more efficient performance from your upgraded RAM.

I recommend checking crucial rams as they are mostly compatible with oem rams. Visit crucial site, enter your laptop model number and all compatible rams will be listed there. Choose one which have same specs (Size, cl rate, voltage, frequency). It will be very easy.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,485 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Upgrading RAM: A Step-by-Step Guide

If you want to upgrade your RAM, follow these steps:

1. Check Current RAM Specs:
      • Use CPU-Z to determine your current RAM specs by check SPD tab and Memory tab. CPU-Z provides detailed information about your RAM. If you have any doubts or need clarification, check the RAM model number in CPU-Z and search for it on Google to find exact specifications such as CAS latency (CL), voltage, frequency, and more.
    2. Consider RAM Stick Compatibility:
      • I do NOT recommend using two RAM sticks of different specs, as this can lead to performance issues and is generally a waste of money.

For Optimal RAM Performance:

To achieve the best performance from your RAM upgrade make sure all specs are same, ensure that:

1. Both RAM sticks are of equal size.
    2. Both RAM sticks have the same voltage.
    3. Both RAM sticks have the same CAS latency (CL).
    4. Both RAM sticks are of equal speed (MHz) and are DDR4.
    5. Make sure that you buy JEDEC profile ram. It means dont buy xmp ram or any overclock supported ram.

By following these guidelines, you can ensure a smoother and more efficient performance from your upgraded RAM.

I recommend checking crucial rams as they are mostly compatible with oem rams. Visit crucial site, enter your laptop model number and all compatible rams will be listed there. Choose one which have same specs (Size, cl rate, voltage, frequency). It will be very easy.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Duckysss
    Duckysss Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply man, but i do have a concern. While looking through the compatible rams for my specific laptop. I saw the CL Delay seem to be different from my current ram. The ones i saw were 19 & 22 but the one i have is 17. Does this matter? and is crucial compatibility suggestions accurate because i saw another post saying how they use the crucial program to find the compatible ram and ended up buying the wrong one for their system.