Bought new Swift GO 14 SFG14-73T-75FA but high CPU issues, It keeps zapping memory & getting hot.

hisbeauty4ashes
hisbeauty4ashes Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi I have I just bought the new Acer Swift and go 14 a few days ago. It keeps zapping memory and getting hot. When it is plugged in makes it gets hot. I tried to get rid of background programs. In Firefox tried fixing the memory usage. Can someone help me fix this issue or will I have to take it back. Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,658 Pathfinder

What do you mean by zapping memory? As in using it full? What is the amount of RAM on this laptop?

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,541 Trailblazer

Yes, there have been a number of different SFG14 models so far. It would help a lot to know just which one you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SFG14-xxx-xxxx. Also let us know how your SKU is configured, memory installed, drive size, CPU?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hisbeauty4ashes
    hisbeauty4ashes Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi yes sorry about that! My number is SFG14-73T-75FA I have 16 gigs memory. What I mean is for some reason it eats of 69 to 70 percent memory.I went through shut down programs and have tried deleting apps I do not use. I just bought this last Monday. Also when I plug it into charge it really gets hot and cpu you goes way up. I hope this helps. It has other stuff as far as software I do not know about too so it might be adding to high cpu/ memory issues. Thanks for any help you can offer. 🙂

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,532 Trailblazer

The only thing that you can do with such a new laptop is to send the laptop back to Acer Tech Support in your country and tell Acer that the laptop is overheating while the battery is charging (which shouldn’t be happening as it’s a fire hazard) and the Intel® Core™ Ultra 7 processor 155H cpu is overheating to an extreme levels on idle and its fans should not be spinning also continually at idle, if your Swift SFG14-73T-75FA is doing that then it could have a faulty mainboard and Acer will replace the mainboard with the same spec Ultra 7 processor 155H cpu / ARC™ Graphics / 16 GB LPDDR5X ram mainboard. Good luck and hope this helps you out further of what to do.

Btw, I’ve got a similar Swift X SFX14-51G-7003 that is pretty similar in spec to your Swift Go SFG14-73T-75FA laptop and my laptops doesn’t overheat when charging with its USB-C adapter and/or its cpu overheats or its fans spin all the time at idle only when the latop is being used and the cpu starts to do any mid to high end work.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍