Toggle and save Function key lock on Aspire TC-1780?

SamCem
SamCem Member Posts: 7 New User
edited September 24 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi,

On my Desktop "Aspire TC-1780" powered by Intel i5-13400, 16GB RAM I'm using the original Acer-keyboard which has been included.
I want to permanentely turn on function Keys layout (F1-F12) instead of the default media-keys layout. So for example just if pressing "Fn+F2" keys the Pc should go to standby instead of default just pressing "F2" key.
Temporary I could reach this goal by pressing "Fn+Esc" keys, but the PC forgets this setting if I restart it again. In older BIOS they have been a setting for this, but not within my PC's BIOS.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,571 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Do you see " Function Key Behavior" in the Bios ?

• SamCem

No, I don't see anything regarded to "Function Key" in my BIOS

• Larryodie

Search this board "function key"

I really didn't see an answer ?

• SamCem

Sorry, where exactelly should I search for it besides my BIOS?

• Larryodie

Use the spy glass at the top right and search "function key" to see other answers from this forum. ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Yes, for desktop systems, since the keyboards can be changed easily, unlike with laptops, they don't put that functionality in the BIOS. It's done with drivers or utilities at the OS level. I'd guess in your system it's either in Acer Care Center or Quick Access.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kylian01
    kylian01 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

It seems your Acer Aspire TC-1780 doesn't retain the Fn lock setting after restarting. Since there’s no option in your BIOS to change the default function key behavior, a potential solution is to install Acer’s "Quick Access" utility if it’s available for your model. This software often allows toggling Fn key behavior permanently.

Alternatively, you can check your system’s BIOS for any updates or Acer’s support website for software that might help manage function key settings.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

• SamCem

Neither Acer Care Center nor Quick Access are providing any keyboard-related settings on my PC