Acer Aspire e5-475g is very slow to open & when it finally loads it's very slow and just hangs.

2TwOs
2TwOs Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited 9:38AM in Aspire Laptops

Need help.My Laptop is very slow to open and when it finally load it's very slow and just hang. I tried many solutions but no luck. I believe that 100% disk usage it the reason. I have 1TB hdd

Will if I buy an SSD it will solve the problem?
What should I buy, solid state drive or solid-state disk?

P.s. not familiar with laptop

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]
[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,457 Trailblazer

The reason why your laptop is slow is because and if the 2.5” 1TB Seagate ST1000LM024 SATA 3 mechanical drive is 100% full with data the disk is slow or it could be faulty and that why your Aspire E5-475G laptop is slow.

The best thing to do is to upgrade your Aspire E5-475G laptops to a 1TB M.2 SSD PCIe 3x4 boot drive (see caption below where the slot is) as this type of drive is at least 400% quicker and will make your laptop work much quicker

Put the M.2 SSD into the red circled area and slot below

These are the types of M.2 SSD drives Acer fitted to this laptop, they are an Interface of a SATA version 3.1 and you can fit a 1TB SATA M.2 SSD also.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• 2TwOs
    2TwOs Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

can i still use the Hdd? And can i upgrade to Sdd without removing the hdd?