Acer Nitro AN515-57 has problems with sound input from other devices

Uliana
Uliana Member Posts: 1 New User

Hii! I have been struggling with this problem for a long time and I can't determine its causes. When connecting any headphones (wired or wireless) to the laptop, only the sound output works, but not the input. I'm used to using a set of microphones built into the laptop, but it's very uncomfortable. I reinstalled the drivers a bunch of times, but it didn't give any result. It seems to me that the problem is that somehow my laptop sees all headphones as a sound output device, but in the input settings there is always only "set of microphones (Realtek(R) Audio)" aka built in laptop microphone…

Additional info:
-I use Razer Kraken X headphones (surround sound works)
-I have Windows 10
-I also have Razer Deathadder v2 mini mouse (saying just in case that it displays on Razer Synapse, but headphones don't)

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,080 Pathfinder

@Uliana

For using the 3.5MM headset with microphone, after plugging the headset, a notification from Realtek Audio shows up, choose headset, and press OK. The input device still show as Microphone Array but it will switch from laptop's microphone to the headset microphone.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!