Looking for etherner drivers Acer Aspire V3-571G

FuriFufu
FuriFufu Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello. I'm trying to get this old laptop to work, Acer Aspire V3-571G (Windows 10), so far I tried the wifi but there seems to be an issue with it, every time I turn the wifi on I keep getting BSOD over and over, tried fixing it but nothing worked.

After giving up on the wifi I tried an ethernet cable (brand new) and I connect both ends to the correct ports but the laptop doesn't react at all. Went into device manager and it seems like there are no drivers for ethernet there at all (only wifi), but there should be drivers there, right? Who would make a laptop, give it an ethernet port and just forget to add an ethernet function? Windows updates didn't work, resetting the laptop didn't work, tried searching for ethernet drivers online and the closest I got was this website. Does anybody know what I should to?

Currently the only way I can get the internet to work on it without it crashing every 2-5 minutes is by sharing my phone's connection through USB.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,167 Pathfinder

@FuriFufu

If you are unable to install the driver from acer website..

Try to get a wired usb adapter or wireless usb adapter and check.

Connect the usb - Connect the cable if it is wired

went to run - ncpa.cpl

Your will find the icon for wired or wireless

connnect it and try to go online if it is wireless

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• FuriFufu
    FuriFufu Member Posts: 2 New User

I guess you mean a USB to RJ-45 adapter, I'll look into that.

However if that's not what you mean, running my phone's connection through a USB cable shows up in control panel < network connections as Ethernet which is interesting