s key not working at random times in swift sf314-511

Lojo7988
Lojo7988 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 3:28AM in Swift and Spin Series

I've had the Acer Swift 3 for almost a year and have had no problems. However, the s key has sometimes stopped working at random times. I have tried updating the drivers and cleaning the key but have not seen any debris. The model number is swift sf314-511

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,809 Trailblazer
    edited 2:40AM Answer ✓

Hi, try an external USB keyboard or boot to Safe Mode (in Windows Shift+Restart) and if the S key works you have a keyboard or KB cable problem, and it is best to bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country while the warranty is still running.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Typically when there is a hardware issue with the keyboard itself, such as a contaminant between the membrane layers, you see a matrix of four keys that don't work. When there is a cable issue you pretty much see all keys failing (except sometimes the power button on some keyboards), since the data is sent as a serial stream. When only one key fails it is almost always the key itself…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lojo7988
    Lojo7988 Member Posts: 3 New User

I booted it to safe mode and at first it worked yesterday but when I tried it this morning it did not work