Seeking help-Unable to access Windows Settings or Task Manager after Registry issue in Nitro 515-57

DMElysium
DMElysium Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 2:41AM in Nitro Gaming

hi, this post may get complicated so I will try to break down the best I can. So I have an extensive background in the computer tech field from a few years ago and I’ve been working with computers for over 30 years. And technically I know all the steps to fix this problem, except for one thing any solution that involves Opening Settings or Windows explore or any program for that matter, except in my case I am fortunate that vscode works And from there I can get ms edge open, but I have no taskbar no task manager the only terminal I can get you is the one in code and I can’t elevate my permission so running the disk does no good. I am unable to restore from my back up point Because I’m unable to open Settings no shortcut keys work no hitting windows are or windows eggs or out on anything none of that works anymore but when does does look like you my desktop loads when I open visual studio code and I search of an explorer at I can see all my files and folders are still there everything is there but the short version is the entire folder for the windows registry keys themselves for the apps that Windows uses that Windows requires, that’s illegal. Never mind how note it was it was happened so fast and it was a pure accident and did I back up my registry of course I have a system restore point I cannot launch that nothing will launch except for visual code and again so I cannot reboot my computer from windows. Now there’s also an evenMore frustrating issue when they try to go through the recovery process and safe move and everything like that when it boots up the drivers for the hard drives and the bios are no longer working but if I let the computer booting the windows normally they’re there all files are there vibrate from the thumb drive or if I boot into recovery and I have no ability to install reinstall windows at all this is an off-the-wall freaking freak of nature and so I need to basically make a bootable media drive with my drivers on it From another computer. I have searched and searched and searched and searched so if anybody can just bring me to the answer… Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited 3:17AM Answer ✓

What I suggest that you do is this, if you have valuable data on your Nitro AN515-57 laptop then back all that data up and do a Clean Install of Wion-11 version 23H2 on this laptop, as the problems that you are having are too numerous and the best and easiest fix is to reinstall the operating system fresh and completely.

Construct a bootable USB drive with Rufus 4.5 and follow its guide, then download the Win-11 23H2 .ISO file from Microsoft and put the unzipped IRST driver for the Nitro AN515-57 version 18.6.1.1016.2 file onto the bootable USB and then insert this USB into the side USB port of the AN515-57 laptop and reinstall Win-11 23H2, when you get to “Where do you want to install Windows? > Load driver > install the IRST driver version: 18.6.1.1016.2 so that the Win-11 installation recognizes the M.2 SSD boot drive of your AN515-57 laptop, and you can continue to finish the Win-11 installation.

After you have finished the Win-11 installation, do all its windows updates, install the NVidia GeForce Experience software and do its scan for the latest NVidia drivers (as you can also play games through this software settings) and make sure that the AN515-57 has its last bios version 1.20 installed and also whatever suitable windows update optional driver firmware your laptop has. As doing all this will make your Nitro AN515-57 operate to its best performance and if you have any further problems then its your laptops hardware that is at fault and you should have this laptop diagnosed and fixed by a qualified technical or Acer Tech Support in your country.

Good luck and hope the above instruction help you out to solve these problems. And btw, next time when you post a post on Acer community, with such a long post like you have done, please break the post up into paragraphs as its very hard to read and decipher your post. If you have written your post in another language other than English, then write the post in your own language and paragraphs and then translate the post the same way and in the same paragraphs as you would write it in your own language👍😀

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,632 Pathfinder

Unless you are a non English person and using a translator, you may want to split that entire thing into paragraphs, just trying to read and understand it is a task in itself in the state that it is in.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited 3:17AM Answer ✓

What I suggest that you do is this, if you have valuable data on your Nitro AN515-57 laptop then back all that data up and do a Clean Install of Wion-11 version 23H2 on this laptop, as the problems that you are having are too numerous and the best and easiest fix is to reinstall the operating system fresh and completely.

Construct a bootable USB drive with Rufus 4.5 and follow its guide, then download the Win-11 23H2 .ISO file from Microsoft and put the unzipped IRST driver for the Nitro AN515-57 version 18.6.1.1016.2 file onto the bootable USB and then insert this USB into the side USB port of the AN515-57 laptop and reinstall Win-11 23H2, when you get to “Where do you want to install Windows? > Load driver > install the IRST driver version: 18.6.1.1016.2 so that the Win-11 installation recognizes the M.2 SSD boot drive of your AN515-57 laptop, and you can continue to finish the Win-11 installation.

After you have finished the Win-11 installation, do all its windows updates, install the NVidia GeForce Experience software and do its scan for the latest NVidia drivers (as you can also play games through this software settings) and make sure that the AN515-57 has its last bios version 1.20 installed and also whatever suitable windows update optional driver firmware your laptop has. As doing all this will make your Nitro AN515-57 operate to its best performance and if you have any further problems then its your laptops hardware that is at fault and you should have this laptop diagnosed and fixed by a qualified technical or Acer Tech Support in your country.

Good luck and hope the above instruction help you out to solve these problems. And btw, next time when you post a post on Acer community, with such a long post like you have done, please break the post up into paragraphs as its very hard to read and decipher your post. If you have written your post in another language other than English, then write the post in your own language and paragraphs and then translate the post the same way and in the same paragraphs as you would write it in your own language👍😀

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• DMElysium

Lol, Sorry about that..Because of my computer problems I’m using the forums from a small iPhone 7 and have to use talk to text. While American English is my first language, but my phone does not Understand me half the time. My apologies :)

• DMElysium

Thank you so very much for the solution , which is exactly what I was hoping to avoid but inevitably I knew that was probably going to be how it had to be done. I always second-guess myself anyways. I was hoping and praying I did not have to go that route because yes I do have countless hours of coding and scripting that did not make it to the back up, I don’t think. I usually save everything to an external hard drive but somehow things were being safe to the sea Drive and which is Why I was in the registry trying to figure out what had changed Because all of a sudden my hard drive had filled up quickly.

I had to do this once before but it’s been a minute and read through your post there was a couple of steps that I had overlooked before…

In case anybody was curious as to How that folder got deleted in the registry —- my dog ate my homework.. rather he wanted attention- 100lbs bulldog vs laptop… thank you everyone :)

I’ll post again when successful!!