Suddenly my Nitro XV272U monitor will now turn off and on repeatedly at startup

NitroFail
NitroFail Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 18 in Monitors

I am using an Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx 27" Zero-Frame WQHD 2560 x 1440 monitor. After about two years of normal use it has suddenly began failing and for about 15 minutes every time I power it on it will fail to connect. It behaves by turning off and on over and over again until eventually it connects and stays on. I tested to see if the monitor would do this same behavior while powered on without being connected and it does, which has me believe that it may be an internal hardware issue?

Any idea if there is a way to fix this? I am still under warranty, but in order to get it repaired I would need to spend $200-300 just to properly pack and ship it off to their closest repair center. Pointless warranty if you are basically paying the initial monitor price in order to receive your covered repairs. Might as well just buy a brand new monitor at that price….

I have video of what is happening, but I am not able to upload it here.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

Do you have a spare power supply to test? That sounds more like flaky power than anything else…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.