Pc doesn't boot when connected it to my Acer VG240YU monitor. monitor works with any other computer

GreenCobra
GreenCobra Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 17 in Monitors

Hi! I just built a new pc and connected it to a monitor and had no issues whatsoever. When I connected it to my Acer VG240YU monitor however it always failed to boot the first time from a cold startup.

I have all the drivers installed, the latest bios update, and also tried to reinstall windows.

The monitor works however with any other computer I have and my computer works with every other monitor I have.

I also changed the cables both hdmi and display port.

I really am at a loss. If someone can help I'd be very grateful!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• New monitor?

Users have reported issues with the Acer VG240YU monitor failing to boot from a cold startup. This problem is often characterized by the monitor not displaying anything when first powered on, although it works fine with other computers and different monitors work with the affected PC.

Possible Causes and Solutions

1. Cold Joint Issue: This is a common problem with some monitors, particularly VA panels. It may be caused by a manufacturing defect where connections become unstable when cold. The issue typically resolves as the monitor warms up, which can take several minutes.
    2. Power Reset: Performing a power bleed reset can sometimes help. Disconnect all cables, hold the power button for 60 seconds, then reconnect everything and try again.
    3. Driver and BIOS Updates: Ensure that all drivers and BIOS are up to date. Sometimes compatibility issues can cause boot failures.
    4. Cables: Check the HDMI or DisplayPort cables for faults, as faulty cables can lead to connectivity issues during startup.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, contacting Acer support or considering an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) may be necessary, especially if the problem persists or worsens over time.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566