Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 overheating while charging, battery is not lasting. What to do?

Giri_VS3033
Giri_VS3033 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 17 in Predator Laptops

My laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300) has been overheating while charging and also the battery is not lasting long (hardly 30 - 40 min). What to do?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,429 Trailblazer
    edited September 17 Answer ✓

Change the battery as your PH315-52 laptop is a 5 years old laptop and batteries only last 4 years and will give you the problems that you are having with charging as the battery can't take the charge and sustain the charge and whenever you are charging the battery it overheats. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

These are the OEM batteries you should buy for your PH315-52 laptop, search the web with the highlighted Acer part number for genuine batteries for this laptop.

For your reference these are the adapter/chargers for this laptop too:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer

Tell us your full Helios 300 laptop model and do you have Acer Care Center or AcerSense running. What type of charger (USB-C or barrel plug) are you using and what is the power rating (Watt)? Fast charging during gaming generates a lot of heat if your battery is depleted, always leave the adapter/charger plugged in and keep the battery fully charged to 100%. When you reply click on Quote or type @Puraw so I get an alert.

• Giri_VS3033

hi @Puraw,

model =PH315-52

I Don't have Acer Care Center or AcerSense

Charger = barrel plug

capacity = 38269 mWh

i'm not even playing games, when the laptop is plugged in it getting heat even with simple browsing.

• StevenGen
    edited September 17 Answer ✓

Change the battery as your PH315-52 laptop is a 5 years old laptop and batteries only last 4 years and will give you the problems that you are having with charging as the battery can't take the charge and sustain the charge and whenever you are charging the battery it overheats. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

These are the OEM batteries you should buy for your PH315-52 laptop, search the web with the highlighted Acer part number for genuine batteries for this laptop.

For your reference these are the adapter/chargers for this laptop too:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Giri_VS3033

hi @StevenGen, thank you for the suggestion

• StevenGen

My pleasure glad to help you out👍