Bought Acer Nitro 5 (AN517-52) in 2019-20. Had an RGB keyboard which is not available on NitroSense

Spiderz
Spiderz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 16 in Nitro Gaming

I always wondered that if my Acer Nitro 5 Model-(AN517-52) had an RGB keyboard which is not available on the Nitro-Sense app. Is there solve to this or it just doesn't have a RGB keyboard and for clarification my laptop is 17 inches.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,444 Pathfinder
    edited September 16

The Acer Nitro 5 2019-2020 model AN517-52 model typically comes with a red backlit keyboard, not an RGB one. If your Nitro Sense application does not show options for RGB lighting, it likely indicates that your specific model does not support RGB features.

One more way to check is If your KB is black and white while off then it support RGB, if it`s black and red then your model doesn`t have RGB KB like I said above.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,804 Trailblazer

In addition to the above, I checked online for RGB keyboards and there are none for your model available.

• Spiderz
    Spiderz Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you so much for your answers. I have a another question about upgrading my ssd..

I'm thinking about buying the SAMSUNG 990 EVO SSD 1TB. Do you think it will be good for gaming and will it fit my acer nitro 5.

Thanks - Spider

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,444 Pathfinder
    edited 2:52AM

Your Acer Nitro 5 AN517-52 has two M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 slots, which means it can accommodate M.2 NVMe SSDs that utilize this interface. The Samsung 990 EVO SSD, being a PCIe Gen4 x4 drive, is backwards compatible and will work in your laptop, but it will operate at Gen3 speeds in this case. It will still significantly enhance your gaming experience despite operating at PCIe Gen3 speeds. If you're ready to proceed with the purchase.

For your laptop the best Pcie Gen 3x4 SSD is Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Value Consideration

• The 970 EVO Plus is generally more affordable due to being an older model, while the 990 EVO is newer and may come at a premium price.
    • If your system is limited to PCIe Gen3, the performance difference in real-world usage may not be substantial. Many users may not notice a significant difference in everyday tasks or gaming between the two when both are capped at Gen3 speeds.

Conclusion-

While both SSDs will perform similarly in a PCIe Gen3 slot regarding sequential speeds, the Samsung 990 EVO offers better random performance and additional features that may benefit overall system responsiveness. If the price difference is minimal, opting for the 990 EVO could be worthwhile for its enhanced specifications and future-proofing capabilities. However, if cost is a significant factor, the 970 EVO Plus remains an excellent choice as both SSD will run at gen3 speed in your laptop.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited 3:29AM

Just some additional advice as I've been using the Gen 3 x4 Samsung 970 EVO Plus with my Nitro AN515-56 laptops and its a great and very reliable drive, as what I suggest is if this drive is available and is cheaper than the Samsung 990 Pro NVMe as usually the Gen 3 x4 should be cheaper then buy the Gen 3 x4 drive, as fitting the Gen 4 x4 lane M.2 SSD has no advantage unless you will transfer this M.2 SSD to another PC that has a Gen 4 x4 boot drive slot and the extra expense is not worth it. Good luck and hope this helps you out further,

AN517-52 storage specs:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍