I go to Device Manager and there is no cd/dvd listed there,Drivers missing in Acer TC-895

Jman044
Jman044 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited September 18 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

My cd/dvd has quit working. I go to Device Manager and there is no cd/dvd listed there. How do I get drivers to repair this issue?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Follow these steps to troubleshoot and potentially restore functionality:

1. Show Hidden Devices: Open Device Manager, click on "View," and select "Show hidden devices." This may reveal the CD/DVD drive if it's hidden.
    2. Check BIOS: Restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup. Ensure that the CD/DVD drive is recognized there. If it appears, the hardware is likely functioning correctly.
    3. Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers: In Device Manager, if you see the CD/DVD drive listed, right-click it and select "Uninstall." Restart your computer; Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Jman044

No DVD/cd listed in Bios. I may have deleted it accidentally. Computer rookie here.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

Did you have a DVD shown originally, or do you just assume you have one? Most of the current desktops don't have an optical drive installed… What model computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jman044

I also just did an uninstall of the cd/dvd and restarted. Now it shows the cd/dvd and says it's working. Still won't accept a cd.

• billsey

Won't accept as in you push the eject button and it doesn't open, or won't accept as in you put a disc in and it doesn't recognize it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jman044

Both. I have to open it manually and put disc in, and it does not recognize the disc either.. It appears that the unit itself has stopped functioning all together. NOT a problem though. I don't really need it as I can go to my lap top and transfer something to a USB if I really need to. Just thought it would be good if I could get it to work right. thanks for your help.

• billsey

OK, if it doesn't open when you press the button the most likely cause is the power connection has come loose. What computer do you have? (I usually ask that first thing, but didn't on this thread for some reason) Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

• Jman044

I have the Acer TC-895 windows home 64 bit..

• billsey

OK, take the side cover off an look at the connections to the ODD:

I'm guessing the power connection (on the left in that image) is loose.